LICENSED.... WHAT NEXT?

LICENSED.... WHAT NEXT?

Postby IngaMak » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:37 pm

I was thinking that this Forum was such a wonderful resource for Architects (in training) to share their experiences and knowledge with one another.

But just because you finally got your license does not mean you become omniscient.

I was wondering if there is a Forum for Licensed Architects to get together in this same manner and discuss the trials and tribulations of practice, ethics, detailing, etc.????

IF NOT... we should create one :) (COACH?)
IngaMak

Re: LICENSED.... WHAT NEXT?

Postby 20grit » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:00 am

There is Archinect...
But most of the time there is spent fielding questions from students too lazy to do their own research, and people trying to get free help.
The rest of the time is spent bashing He Who Shall Not Be Named and Zaha Hadid.

Just do what I do. Come here and check vignettes.
20grit

Postby Quigaboo » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:23 pm

IngaMak wrote:I was thinking that this Forum was such a wonderful resource for Architects (in training) to share their experiences and knowledge with one another.

But just because you finally got your license does not mean you become omniscient.

I was wondering if there is a Forum for Licensed Architects to get together in this same manner and discuss the trials and tribulations of practice, ethics, detailing, etc.????

IF NOT... we should create one :) (COACH?)

There is a live forum. It is the monthly AIA meetings where we all get drunk first, talk about what we do and listen to some lecture to get continuing ed credits!
Quigaboo

Postby 20grit » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:57 am

Unless the closes AIA chapter typically meets over 1.5 hours from where you are. Then those are less than helpful...

That and paying dues isn't high on my list either.
20grit

Postby IngaMak » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:37 pm

I mean more of an online internet Forum where we can ask questions and people can post comments and help one another, facilitate discussion, etc. Even simple things, if someone needs help with a detail, or ideas of how to best waterproof something. Just a thought...

Quigaboo, AIA is nothing like this in my experience. It has it's value, but not in the same sense.
IngaMak

Postby MrMuskOxen » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:22 pm

I have found that this forum meets most of what you are talking about.

http://www.thebuildingcodeforum.com/forum/

Most of my discussions have been with knowledgeable building officials, but there are Architect/Engineer forums as well.
MrMuskOxen

Postby IngaMak » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:20 pm

MrMuskOxen, many years down the line, but thank you for the reference for the building code forum. Looks like a great resource!
IngaMak

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION