Study Guides - do I need the most current?

Study Guides - do I need the most current?

Postby shaskett » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:43 pm

Hi,

I'm just getting back into taking my exams after a long (4 year) break. I still need to take Sturctural Systems, Building Systems and Schematic Design. I need to buy some new study guides and I am wondering if I need the latest or if 2009 and later is sufficient. Any advice is welcome in what is best. Thanks.

Stephanie
shaskett

Re: Study Guides - do I need the most current?

Postby slhill » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:17 pm

Nope, older materials will generally be fine. If you want to supplement with some sustainable related stuff for BS, the might help, but otherwise the concepts really haven't changed that much.
slhill

Postby UWS-Arch » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:43 pm

I've passed 6 exams using study materials from 2007 or earlier, so yeah, you'll be fine. Architecture doesn't change fast.
UWS-Arch

Postby shaskett » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:12 pm

Thank you!
shaskett

Postby Bonddevil » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:37 am

Biggest change I can envision for you is questions on sustainability since some of that technology has really changed in that time and NCARB seems to love this topic in general. Most relevant in BS, less so in the other two. You can review FTP materials to make up for this and use your older materials for other stuff.
Bonddevil

Postby sbyrktct » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:13 am

Bonddevil wrote:You can review FTP materials to make up for this and use your older materials for other stuff.

FYI... if you're talking about the areforum FTP... all of that that info is much older than 2009.
sbyrktct

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION