ARE Practice programs quagmire

ARE Practice programs quagmire

Postby san » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:38 am

Needing an outlet for my frustration.... I had no problem with virtual XP Mode and the practice exam for SS (I have a PC with Windows 7 Pro). But as I'm studying for BS, my virtual XP was running too slow to be operable, it took MINUTES to open any program, not just the practice programs. I've spent two entire evenings trouble shooting, downloaded VMware, ran into issues with XP admin password (I hadn't given one and it was then requiring one to log on), removed all programs involved multiple times and reloaded to no avail...final straw was that now when I download XP Mode its a corrupt file and I can't install it. SO, I've given up (for the time being) on virtual XP and last night signed up for NCARB's cloud based programs and its running fine for me at the moment. But I'm left out of all the alts. :cry: And I'm annoyed and stressed that I lost two evenings to study! I'm posting this as an fyi and also curious if anyone else has had a similar experience.
san

Re: ARE Practice programs quagmire

Postby sbyrktct » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:48 am

FWIW... the only alternate vignettes I found helpful were for the SD Interior Layout and the SPD Site Design. You should be fine with the NCARB stock BS vignette for practice.
sbyrktct

Re: ARE Practice programs quagmire

Postby san » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:05 pm

Thanks! That's good to know. And reassuring!
san

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION