Washington State Board - how long to get license number

Washington State Board - how long to get license number

Postby AggieArchitect04 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:44 pm

Seems to be taking a little while for me...

10/03/15 --- Took my last exam.
10/08/15 --- Got the pass letter.
10/08/15 --- Mailed my Architect Law Review Exam answers and the registration fee (postmarked).
10/15/15 --- Registration fee check clears bank account
10/23/15 --- Email notification from NCARB about Electronic Unbound Cover to WA.

I've called a few times and they usually have to go find my file/record and then I'm told "next week" and kind of feel blown off.

I thought education, experience and IDP was verified prior to my starting testing and NCARB is providing the exam history.
AggieArchitect04

Re: Washington State Board - how long to get license number

Postby spiketwig » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:20 pm

ahhh, me too!

My NCARB transmittal went through two weeks ago and I mailed in the app last week and they cashed my check. I tried to call them today to see if they have everything but no one answered the phone. When I talked to them prior to sending in the app, they told me two weeks, and delays were usually because of missing paperwork. It sounded like mostly the papers got mailed back and forth between Seattle and Olympia until someone finally approved them.

I am not feeling super encouraged reading your post... :?
spiketwig

Postby AggieArchitect04 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:46 pm

I don't quite understand how it works...they have a Department of Licensing Office in Seattle AND Olympia...? And nothing can be handled electronically?

It can be difficult to get someone on the phone there. And email replies are spotty.

I was told similar: 1-2 weeks on time to license issued. Next week will be a month since they cashed my check. I was hoping to get reciprocity in another state before the end of the year.

I found out earlier this week that everything was "approved" and it's just a matter of getting my license issued and that should happen by Friday. I don't know what that involves. Was told they'd email me the day the license is issued.

You can also check status here: https://fortress.wa.gov/dol/dolprod/bpdLicenseQuery/

My status is "Pending Issue First License" :roll:
AggieArchitect04

Postby spiketwig » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:58 pm

I don't even show up... ugh. Probably because my authorization to test was in another state, which generates perpetual confusion.

I agree I don't understand what they're busy doing, since supposedly all our info is certified by the NCARB record. Hand lettering the registration certificate?
spiketwig

Postby Coach » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:20 pm

Relax. They're reviewing and processing everything, including your law answers.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby spiketwig » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:28 pm

After spending the last year stressing over the ARE, I need something to fill the void... :oops:
spiketwig

Postby AggieArchitect04 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:20 am

spiketwig wrote:I don't even show up... ugh. Probably because my authorization to test was in another state, which generates perpetual confusion.

I agree I don't understand what they're busy doing, since supposedly all our info is certified by the NCARB record. Hand lettering the registration certificate?

They get stuff from NCARB but they wouldn't be doing their job if they just pencil whipped everything. They have to review things and the state boards may (and Washington does) have requirements different or in addition to NCARB's.

Also, they deal with other issues including ongoing disciplinary cases which I imagine can take up a lot of time - things we want them doing to regulate the practice.

Just gotta be patient.
AggieArchitect04

Postby archijive » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:52 am

Mine took about a month to process.
archijive

Postby AggieArchitect04 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:38 pm

Got an email notification this afternoon with my license number!
AggieArchitect04

Postby spiketwig » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:30 am

Nice! Still waiting here, I guess mine should be about a week behind yours based on when we both filed the applications.
spiketwig

Postby gumption » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:51 am

They cleared my check about five days after I sent it, and then I got my license number via email a week after that. My license certificate came in the mail today. 8-)

Now, my big worry is staying on top of my CE credits.
gumption

Postby jeremymom » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:56 pm

gumption wrote:They cleared my check about five days after I sent it, and then I got my license number via email a week after that. My license certificate came in the mail today. 8-)

Now, my big worry is staying on top of my CE credits.

There are 3 pages in Architect Registration Initial Application, Do I need to send the page 5--employment and experience summary forms also? or just the application form is good enough? I am registering by direct registration with the board and will have ncarb send them my record. Thanks.
jeremymom

Postby spiketwig » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:28 pm

I just had to do the 3 pages since I was sending my NCARB record directly (sounds like you're doing the same thing) - and obviously that covers your employment history.

I called them to confirm though, and they were helpful on that particular question (if not the status of my application once submitted, hah).
spiketwig

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION