How to Install custom Alt vignettes

How to Install custom Alt vignettes

Postby Grymatta » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:39 am

Hello, I was wondering if there are instructions posted somewhere about how to install the custom Alt vignettes, like the Saajad ones, into the NCARB base program.
I've searched through the forums and can't find anything related to how to do so. I remember there was something in the old ARE forums about replacing the ncarb fils with the custom ones or something like that.
Would appreciate any help.

Thanks
Grymatta

Re: How to Install custom Alt vignettes

Postby nwbrown » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:21 pm

Is there a way to load Alt Vignettes while using the cloud-based NCARB programs? Asking for a co-worker that is testing Monday.
nwbrown

Postby matte » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:26 pm

Don't think so. Tell your coworker to beg / borrow / steal an older Windows laptop [to install & run the NCARB software].
matte

Postby SLipnick » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:24 pm

If you download the NCARB program onto a 62-bit computer you can still use it, just not get to the text pages. Most of the alternate practice tests that I was able to use when studying for the SD exam had a word document or PDF with them that listed their programs (the text pages). Therefore I was able to practice the alternates by using the program downloaded onto my 62-bit computer and just toggle between the practice exam and the word (or PDF) document.

Hope that helps...
SLipnick

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION