Citrix receiver for NCARB practice programs

Citrix receiver for NCARB practice programs

Postby michombre » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:25 pm

I was able to download the Citrix receiver and access the NCARB practice programs. However the next time I tried to login I was met with an error message. The only way to fix it was to uninstall the Citrix receiver and then reinstall it. I am wondering if anyone else is having this problem.

I sent a message to the NCARB folks as well to see if this is a problem with settings or the download. I will their response when I get it.
michombre

Re: Citrix receiver for NCARB practice programs

Postby darbydan » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:35 pm

I have had problems as well. My home computer (PC) will download the citrix receiver and "connect" but the ARE program window never appears. I contacted NCARB and they said they "would look into the problem". My work computer (MAC) had the same issue; however I went directly to the citrix website and downloaded the receiver there which allowed my to finally access the ARE program window. However, I found that after I disconnected from the server, it would not connect again (even after uninstalling/reinstalling the citrix receiver).

I would like to hear other people's experience. I tried downloading and running the software on a total of 5 computers (2 PC's and 3 MACS) and only got software to run once on a MAC.
darbydan

Re: Citrix receiver for NCARB practice programs

Postby caslem82 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:41 pm

I also have this issue. I can't get it to work anywhere...I tried at home several times with different web browsers, re-installing, etc. I have also sent a inquiry to NCARB with no response so far. I'll probably call them and ask for a refund if they can't get their sh&% together! Pretty irritating when they charge you $$ for something that doesn't work.

I also had issues with the free version through running XP Mode. If you are running Windows 7 Home it won't work...only with Ultimate, Professional, and Enterprise does XP Mode function properly.

I hope there is a resolution soon...or I will have to go to work on my off-time to practice vignettes!
caslem82

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION