status of AREforum.org ?

status of AREforum.org ?

Postby jimmysc » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:37 pm

Hi All,
Just found this forum (10/27/2013) . I'm the same Jimmy that was on AREforum. I passed the ARE a few months ago, thanks greatly to the help and advice on the old forum. Coach, you and other frequent posters greatly helped me with the vignettes.

Does anyone know what's going on with AREForum.org? I have a few former coworkers and friends taking the ARE. I've referred them to the old AREforum. I'll definitely let them know about arecoach.com. However I'd like any info anyone can offer about the old forum.

I see that some people on here are sharing materials from the old forum. I downloaded all files from the ftp in may of 2012 and am happy to share if needed. It's probably not big news that the old link still works:
http://www.areforum.org/up/

If possible I'd like to get some of my posts from the old forum. There are a few study summaries that I wrote the I intended to share with friends. As of today, areform.org reports " Sorry, the board is unavailable at the moment. / We will be back soon."

Any info appreciated, or just a quick "hi" from familiar old names.
- jimmysc
(Jim Connerley)
jimmysc

Re: status of AREforum.org ?

Postby k4dm0nky » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:00 am

Looks like AREforum is dead for good!
k4dm0nky

Postby mcel0054 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:34 pm

I'm just so curious what happened?
mcel0054

Postby mcel0054 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:29 pm

ah yes, I guess I had just tangled myself up in my own fiction that it was NCARB that shut it down. Its just such a long period to be down after a hack. But then again, I know nothing about what it would take to recover from such a thing.
mcel0054

Postby jimmysc » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:55 pm

hi all thanks for the replies,
areForum has not come back. maybe it will, maybe it won't. i'll refer ARE candidates to this new forum and suggest they periodically check the old forum.

I posted some study notes, on the old forum, that I'd like to get. But it's nothing that can't be reconstructed. probably should have kept my original post that brief :)
jimmysc

Postby rifkamattman » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:44 am

so, it has been quite some time since I have needed to go on the forum and what do you know..... hacked? Thanks coach for having this. I would have never known. And I see lots of familiar names. Anyway, I have two more to go and are racing to beat my 5 year clock from when i started. Bldg Systems is next.

So, when did the forum go down? By my quick investigation it appears in september 2013? Is everyone pretty much switching to over here then? I see that sbyrocket has a website with stuff which is nice. just trying to organize.
rifkamattman

Postby sbyrktct » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:43 am

@rifkamattman
Hope my site helps you. Let me know if you need anything you don't find... I'll try to dig it up.
Good luck!
>sby
sbyrktct

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION