Reciprocity/Grad Degree

Reciprocity/Grad Degree

Postby AREghhh » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:00 pm

I live in a state where I'll be licensed (soon hopefully) with a pre-professional degree in architecture. I know that many states require NCARB certificates for reciprocity now and am wondering how much of an obstacle this is likely to be in my future. Will larger firms in other states be willing to hire me as a licensed architect even if I'm not registered in that state? (If I'm not actually stamping drawings and working under the umbrella of other partners in the firm etc.)

I'm not especially interested in returning to grad school for a masters in architecture, but might be willing to go for an MBA (seems like these are a dime a dozen though). I'd like to develop a secondary skill set in a related field that would make me a more successful and versatile architect or industry professional. Any other good ideas for masters programs?
AREghhh

Re: Reciprocity/Grad Degree

Postby brudgers » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:59 pm

Reciprocity - depends on the state. In some, no way without an NAAB professional degree. In some, BEA certificate will work. In some, demonstrated experience practicing as an architect may be used - i.e. signing and sealing plans.

Firms - depends on the firm, but not being able to seal plans may limit one's role in the succession plan.
brudgers

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION