Trouble with Software

Trouble with Software

Postby dsarchs » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:02 pm

I'm trying to study for the SD test but can't get the Building Layout to run.

I have windows 7 and a running the software through the Virtual XP mode. I had taken the test about 2 years ago... and failed. The software ran back then, though, on the same machine.
So far I've been studying for the Interior Layout with no problems. Then, the other day, when I tried to run the Building Layout I got the message:

Authorware:
Unable to execute due to shell error: 5

I've tried uninstalling the software and cleaning up the registry, but after reinstalling the same issue still shows up. The interior layout portion works just fine, only problems with BL. Any ideas?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dsarchs

Re: Trouble with Software

Postby buckie06 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:53 am

that's strange, did you install an ALT file by chance? Maybe try re-downloading the installer from NCARB and re-install it??

Can you delete the Virtual Machine and create a new one?
buckie06

Postby dsarchs » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:50 am

I had tried, a while ago, to install an alt but it hadn't worked so that could be the problem. But I did completely uninstall it, delete the directory (to make sure nothing from the alt stayed) and cleared out the registry. You might be right that I need to remove the XP virtual drive and reinstall that -- but that seems a little more serious, and I'd like to avoid it if I could.
dsarchs

Postby Coach » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:19 pm

Try installing normally. Works for me on win7.
Coach
Site Admin

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION