Exam Results

Re: Exam Results

Postby fixybopixy » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:31 am

very dumb & random question...anyone mind explaining to me what the F5 key does? ha.
fixybopixy

Postby k4dm0nky » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:49 am

fixybopixy wrote:very dumb & random question...anyone mind explaining to me what the F5 key does? ha.

The F5 key refreshes the website when active in the internet browser.
k4dm0nky

Postby foxam » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:54 am

kayaker3057 wrote:Its a pass! CDS....15 days to get a letter in the mail. Results still have not been posted online....

I was super pumped about the new system until I read this thread. I am in Oklahoma also and it seems like we can't keep up with the times. I guess I can quit hitting F5.
foxam

Postby kayaker3057 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:48 am

foxam wrote:
kayaker3057 wrote:Its a pass! CDS....15 days to get a letter in the mail. Results still have not been posted online....

I was super pumped about the new system until I read this thread. I am in Oklahoma also and it seems like we can't keep up with the times. I guess I can quit hitting F5.

We found a way to check..... You got a confirmation email from Prometric when you signed up, there is a confirmation number there. Copy it(with all the zeros) and go to http://verify.ncarb.org and type in your test date and that confirmation number in. You should be able to find out. Anyone can do this.
kayaker3057

Postby foxam » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:11 am

kayaker3057 wrote:
foxam wrote:

We found a way to check..... You got a confirmation email from Prometric when you signed up, there is a confirmation number there. Copy it(with all the zeros) and go to http://verify.ncarb.org and type in your test date and that confirmation number in. You should be able to find out. Anyone can do this.

Kayaker3057 you are a life saver.... It's a PASS!!!!
foxam

Postby t-money » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:33 am

All-

I am in Colorado and I took PPP on 10/7 and just got my pass letter today, 10/17. This is slightly faster than what I've experienced with the old snail mail system, but only marginally.

I wonder if the return rate has something to do with when you take the exam; I took both PPP and SPD on a Monday, and the results took about 3-4 days longer than when I took CDS on a Friday. Just a thought...
t-money

Postby kayaker3057 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:51 am

T-MONEY: We have a larger study group going and we had people take the exam on 9/30, 10/1, 10/3 and 10/4 and we all got our letters on 10/15. I think the state holds all of the letters and then just mail them all at once(in this case on 10/14). The person who took his test on 10/5 did not get his letter with the rest of us. But, checking online the way I described eliminates waiting for the mailman to come ;)
kayaker3057

Postby t-money » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:41 am

kayaker3057 wrote:T-MONEY: We have a larger study group going and we had people take the exam on 9/30, 10/1, 10/3 and 10/4 and we all got our letters on 10/15. I think the state holds all of the letters and then just mail them all at once(in this case on 10/14). The person who took his test on 10/5 did not get his letter with the rest of us. But, checking online the way I described eliminates waiting for the mailman to come ;)

Sorry- I should clarify. I did not get a pass letter, rather, I received confirmation of my pass through the NCARB ARE website. It took NCARB 10 days to grade my test, 11 days for SPD, and 7 days for CDS. CDS was the test I took on a Friday, while I took the others on Monday.

Also- I still have not received an email telling me to check the website. I have heard it comes a bit later, but it's about 12:45 and I checked my score at 7:00 a.m. when I first arrived at work.
t-money

Postby vsco » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:54 pm

Took CDS on 10/7 and found out today 10/17. The results were posted in the morning and I received two emails just after noon one saying I passed the exam and the other saying I am done with the AREs!!!

I am in CA and the CAB website still doesn't have the result posted so seems like NCARB (as expected) is the first to post the results.
vsco

Postby Coach » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:57 pm

vsco wrote:I am in CA and the CAB website still doesn't have the result posted so seems like NCARB (as expected) is the first to post the results.

No surprise there. ncarb system is automated, CAB isn't.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby elara829 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:56 am

kayaker3057 wrote:
foxam wrote:

So i did this - and I just took this this past monday (so 4 days ago) says I failed..... think its because its still too early to check or ..i really did? Im hoping its the earlier option.
elara829

Postby Coach » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:21 pm

elara829 wrote:So i did this - and I just took this this past monday (so 4 days ago) says I failed..... think its because its still too early to check or ..i really did? Im hoping its the earlier option.

Why would it say you failed if you didn't? Do you really think they use "F" as a placeholder?
Coach
Site Admin

Postby design8d » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:38 pm

I took an exam on Wednesday and just checked and it says I failed. I hope its just a "placeholder" as well - is it scored in 2 days? Shouldn't have looked.
design8d

Postby simon » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:47 pm

I am in Louisiana and the exam verification trick gave me my results which are not listed in My ARE yet. I took mine last Monday and it is now Saturday night so, that was pretty fast.

The bad news is that it was not a pass. Blah.
simon

Postby ralph » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:47 pm

Question for those of you trying the "verify" link and are getting a fail. Was this a test you had previously taken several months ago and failed? That's my story. Failed the BS test earlier this year and tried the verify link and it showed a fail. I realize the chances are slim but still holding out some small hope it's just showing my BS exam is a fail from the previous test until this latest one gets recorded. I'll post once I know.

As a side note/question... anyone have any brilliant ideas for how to pass the BS exam. I've passed the other 6 exams with no issues. The BS exam on the other hand... I feel like it doesn't matter what I study. The two exams have been that brutal.
ralph

Postby rhellams » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:37 pm

Coach wrote:Why would it say you failed if you didn't? Do you really think they use "F" as a placeholder?

Mine says "fail", too, which I seriously doubt. Since the only five who checked using that verify.ncarb.org site and have posted here have a "fail" report, I'm guessing it's something goofy with NCARB's code. It wouldn't be the first time.
rhellams

Postby kayaker3057 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:54 pm

Well, it's obvious this needs to be verified when you all get your letters. I just know that in our study group it's aligned with our 3 passes and 1 fail letters. We have 3 that said fail on the verify website but have not yet gotten letters. I will follow up here as well with the results.
kayaker3057

Postby simon » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:54 pm

rhellams wrote:
Coach wrote:Why would it say you failed if you didn't? Do you really think they use "F" as a placeholder?

Mine says "fail", too, which I seriously doubt. Since the only five who checked using that verify.ncarb.org site and have posted here have a "fail" report, I'm guessing it's something goofy with NCARB's code. It wouldn't be the first time.

Hah, don't get my hopes up there.

I was already thinking I failed actually - I took SD and did very well, except a day later it dawned on me that I forgot my main entry door. Obviously that is a fatal error. So, I wasn't shocked to see it, but then again - of course I hoped I was wrong about the door.

I will report back once I get the official word, but I have already decided that it is a Fail and moved on. You say the only people using verification codes reported a fail - didn't a few guys up there near the top use that method and get a pass? Not trying to bum you out but...

So what does the page say if there isn't a score yet? Is it just blank? Has anyone looked?
Last edited by simon on Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simon

Postby simon » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:57 pm

ralph wrote:Question for those of you trying the "verify" link and are getting a fail. Was this a test you had previously taken several months ago and failed? That's my story. Failed the BS test earlier this year and tried the verify link and it showed a fail. I realize the chances are slim but still holding out some small hope it's just showing my BS exam is a fail from the previous test until this latest one gets recorded. I'll post once I know.

As a side note/question... anyone have any brilliant ideas for how to pass the BS exam. I've passed the other 6 exams with no issues. The BS exam on the other hand... I feel like it doesn't matter what I study. The two exams have been that brutal.

This was my first ARE, and I got a fail using the "verify" link.
simon

Postby kayaker3057 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:50 am

So it definitely appear that the "fail" is a placeholder until you get a pass. 2 of the 3 in our group that pre-emptively checked had the score updated to a pass. Of course I will post back tomorrow or on Wednesday when they get their letters for sure. Guilty until proven innocent I guess.....
kayaker3057

Postby shortstack » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:31 am

Coach wrote:
elara829 wrote:So i did this - and I just took this this past monday (so 4 days ago) says I failed..... think its because its still too early to check or ..i really did? Im hoping its the earlier option.

Why would it say you failed if you didn't? Do you really think they use "F" as a placeholder?

Only NCARB would think to do this. I can confirm that I had a FAIL placeholder about a week after my test. I got my PASS email and Congrats email for finishing the ARE the following week.
shortstack

Postby Coach » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:59 pm

Well that's nuts. I wonder if they're even aware of it?
Coach
Site Admin

Postby ukarchi » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:46 am

shortstack wrote:
Coach wrote:

Only NCARB would think to do this. I can confirm that I had a FAIL placeholder about a week after my test. I got my PASS email and Congrats email for finishing the ARE the following week.

Shortstack- THANK YOU for posting that...I think I just had a minor heart attack. I tested 24 hours ago and tried this trick and it came up a fail. THANK YOU for letting me have a glimmer of hope that a pass can still be possible. NCARB MUST fix this! Fingers crossed :)
ukarchi

Postby shortstack » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:34 am

Good luck to all still waiting.

Coach, I definitely think its a bug in the software. From my experience after taking my last test post blackout, the exam still remains on the 'schedule exam' area for about 2-3 days after testing. Then it disappears from the 'schedule exam' and shows up in the 'score report' section with a blank under the 'pass/fail' area. I think this is where the placeholder issue comes into effect. Their software is probably programed to show a fail if there is no information entered.

Moral of the story...if you took an exam, wait for your email from NCARB, or just look at the 'Score Report' section. It has been verified that your score shows up hours before the automatic email is sent out. At this point, don't bother entering your test information in the 'Exam Verification.'
shortstack

Postby ukarchi » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:17 am

shortstack wrote:Good luck to all still waiting.

Coach, I definitely think its a bug in the software. From my experience after taking my last test post blackout, the exam still remains on the 'schedule exam' area for about 2-3 days after testing. Then it disappears from the 'schedule exam' and shows up in the 'score report' section with a blank under the 'pass/fail' area. I think this is where the placeholder issue comes into effect. Their software is probably programed to show a fail if there is no information entered.

Moral of the story...if you took an exam, wait for your email from NCARB, or just look at the 'Score Report' section. It has been verified that your score shows up hours before the automatic email is sent out. At this point, don't bother entering your test information in the 'Exam Verification.'

I can agree with this. I called NCARB and they had no idea what I was talking about and it seems like they were unaware of this. They confirmed that my exam still had not been graded even though a FAIL is showing up on the verfication link.

So I agree with shortstack, don't look until you get an email...unless you want to cause yourself plently of unnecessary stress.
ukarchi

Postby simon » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:36 am

shortstack wrote:Then it disappears from the 'schedule exam' and shows up in the 'score report' section with a blank under the 'pass/fail' area. I think this is where the placeholder issue comes into effect. Their software is probably programed to show a fail if there is no information entered.

'

I tested 8 days ago and there is nothing showing up in the score report area, but the verification thing does say fail. What is up with the person (or few persons) who had it come up pass?
simon

Postby kayaker3057 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:17 am

I am currently emailing with someone at NCARB. She said it should be blank until a score is entered(which is not the case). So well see where this goes.
kayaker3057

Postby kayaker3057 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:21 am

Would anyone who checked early and it shows a fail please email THawkins@ncarb.org Apparently once it shows a pass they cant tell that it previously showed a fail. Thanks.
kayaker3057

Postby rhellams » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:23 am

simon wrote: What is up with the person (or few persons) who had it come up pass?

It probably only works with states that don't do direct NCARB reporting. NCARB has the grade, passes it on to your state, and then the state notifies you. That lag period would be when he/she got a pass report. The problem is that we don't actually ever know when the score is accurate. For direct reporting, your NCARB record is probably updated at the same time that the verify site is.
rhellams

Postby kayaker3057 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:27 am

rhellams wrote:
simon wrote: What is up with the person (or few persons) who had it come up pass?

It probably only works with states that don't do direct NCARB reporting. NCARB has the grade, passes it on to your state, and then the state notifies you. That lag period would be when he/she got a pass report. The problem is that we don't actually ever know when the score is accurate. For direct reporting, your NCARB record is probably updated at the same time that the verify site is.

We are in Oklahoma, which does not participate in direct reporting.
kayaker3057

Postby rhellams » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:32 am

kayaker3057 wrote:Would anyone who checked early and it shows a fail please email THawkins@ncarb.org Apparently once it shows a pass they cant tell that it previously showed a fail. Thanks.

Done.
rhellams

Postby simon » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:06 am

kayaker3057 wrote:Would anyone who checked early and it shows a fail please email THawkins@ncarb.org Apparently once it shows a pass they cant tell that it previously showed a fail. Thanks.

Also done.
simon

Postby simon » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:58 am

I was responded to, which is great, but the person said "Everyone is getting overly excited about nothing" which I found a bit...odd. I did not sound "excited" in my email at all, I just said "here it is." She then said that it shows a Fail because it hasn't been scored yet. Because that makes so much sense. Not to mention that feeling like you failed an ARE is the opposite of nothing.

I was not irritated about this situation AT ALL until I got this snippy email.
simon

Postby rhellams » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:06 am

simon wrote:I was responded to, which is great, but the person said "Everyone is getting overly excited about nothing" which I found a bit...odd. I did not sound "excited" in my email at all, I just said "here it is." She then said that it shows a Fail because it hasn't been scored yet. Because that makes so much sense. Not to mention that feeling like you failed an ARE is the opposite of nothing.

I was not irritated about this situation AT ALL until I got this snippy email.

I had a reasonable response from NCARB, which was basically what we already know. The official score will be posted to the record or sent to your state, and the "fail" on the verify.ncarb site is just a placeholder, which they obviously didn't know about. Hopefully, they'll just take that site down until it gets fixed.
rhellams

Postby fss106 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:24 pm

its probably just a simple binary code to help with their spreadsheets.
1=you've passed, 0=never tested, or failed test, or original test has expired and needs to be retaken.

i'm sure if they wanted us to be using the "verify" website it would be more publicized. i doubt they built the webpage to help us discover our test results early.
fss106

Postby Coach » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:00 pm

fss106 wrote:i'm sure if they wanted us to be using the "verify" website it would be more publicized.

It was promoted.

i doubt they built the webpage to help us discover our test results early.
On the contrary. That was a motivating factor.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby NYCPM » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:18 pm

I can confirm that I received a "Fail" status on the verify.ncarb.org system for an exam that I took about 24 hours ago. No mention of a result on the CertMetrics Score Reports page, so I'm hopeful that the "glitch" is applicable to everyone. I also hope this doesn't jinx my actual result...
NYCPM

Postby afg » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:02 am

I tested SD last Friday (second time) and also see a FAIL on the verify page. however, i'm also looking at my Record page with all the other exams listed (this is the last one, fingers crossed) and don't even see this exam listed.

I emailed Thawkins at NCARB.

i'm in Ohio- does anyone know how long the results have been taking to be issued here, post blackout?

i know it's ridiculously early to be checking, but. well. you know...
afg

Postby design8d » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:02 am

The fail was a placeholder - I received my PASS on my NCARB today!

Btw, that link to check your results before they are posted no longer works. I guess they got enough grief from everyone on here - haha.
design8d

Postby LICall » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:19 pm

k4dm0nky wrote:So do you get a email once it is posted?

The waiting game begins for me for SS... although I am not expecting any good out of it. :cry:

Hi dear k4m0nky,
It is nice to find you in this web.
I am li.call from AREFORUM, hope you do remember me.
Last year I was preparing CDS and PPP and just some day before I set these two exams I have a car accident. Now I am coming back. Some friend told me about this new web .
You used to know very well the material needed for the examination and where find them.
Please, I am re-study PPP and CDS, please may do you have the links to get help to study the vignettes and MC of these two exams.
Thank you and to Coach as well he is a inspiration to fraternity and faith in the humanity.
Best Regards,
LiCall
LICall

PreviousNext

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION