Scratch Paper for 5.0 Exam

Scratch Paper for 5.0 Exam

Postby tatamin » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:24 pm

Last time, when I took the 4.0 exam in October, 2017. The testing center administrator gave me just one piece of 11x17 paper (folded in the middle) to be used during the exam. Then I switched to the new scratch paper (11x17) when I took the vignette.

Since we no longer have a vignette, I wonder what kind of scratch paper we will get at the testing center. I’m thinking about doing MC + Case Study and come back for reviewing all the questions after taking a 15 min-break. That means I still need the scratch paper(s)/info from both MC + Case Study. I feel just one piece of 11x17 paper is not enough.

Let me know your experience.

Thank you so much!

-tatamin
tatamin

Re: Scratch Paper for 5.0 Exam

Postby boops » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:43 pm

I assume it's up to each testing location to decide what type/quantity of scratch paper to provide. Every time I took an exam (both 4.0 & 5.0), I received a colored "booklet" of scratch paper. It had maybe 6-8 pages stapled together like a book and I used almost every page.

If you ever need more scratch paper, you can always raise your hand and ask for more. You should never have to give up old scratch paper for new.
boops

Postby tatamin » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:38 pm

boops wrote:I assume it's up to each testing location to decide what type/quantity of scratch paper to provide. Every time I took an exam (both 4.0 & 5.0), I received a colored "booklet" of scratch paper. It had maybe 6-8 pages stapled together like a book and I used almost every page.

If you ever need more scratch paper, you can always raise your hand and ask for more. You should never have to give up old scratch paper for new.

I remember it used to be like a booklet, but when I took the 4.0 exam in Oct, 2017. They gave me just one sheet of 11x17. The test admin told me NCAB reduced for a security reason and can keep only one sheet. They can give me a new scratch paper, but can't keep the original one because of that security reason. I wonder for 5.0??????

-tatamin
tatamin

Postby tammy2329 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:44 pm

Same as user above, you receive a booklet with scrap paper, something like 6-8 pages, I found it to be plenty.
tammy2329

Postby tatamin » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:52 pm

tammy2329 wrote:Same as user above, you receive a booklet with scrap paper, something like 6-8 pages, I found it to be plenty.

Thanks for the info. I will double-check with the test admin again this time. It's good to know.

-tatamin
tatamin

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION