NCARB Record has been sent to a state. what to do next?

NCARB Record has been sent to a state. what to do next?

Postby moderato3 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:09 pm

Hi, I passed the last exam 11/13 and got an email from Ncarb that my Ncarb Record has been sent to state 11/20.
And I went to a Ncarb website and there is a page for the next steps to complete the process.

1. apply for registration.
2. Pay the jurisdiction's registration fee.
3. Satisfy any additional requirements.

Do I need to send an architect initial licensure application with fees now? or should I wait it until I hear from a state board?

Basically, I would like to know how this initial registration process after Ncarb sent my record to the state.

Thanks.
Last edited by moderato3 on Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
moderato3

Re: NCARB Record has been sent to state. what to do next?

Postby Sparky83 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:02 am

Why not just call your state board directly instead of asking here? They won't bite.
Sparky83

Postby spiketwig » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:54 am

FWIW, for some reason I had two NCARB transmittals to the state. The first one was done pretty quickly (like a week or two), and then there was another transmittal about two weeks later which seemed to be the complete record. I submitted my application after the first transmittal, but nothing was processed until after the second. I would just call your board and ask them. It also seems there is no harm in sending in your application a bit ahead of the final NCARB transmittal.
spiketwig

Postby moderato3 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:07 pm

Thanks for the replies. I talked to the state board and I was told that I need to initiate the process. I am about to send the application. In general, how long does this take to get a license after I send an application? Oh I just read a post below. I didn't know that there is a committee to review applications quarterly ...
moderato3

Postby glasska » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:32 am

I believe the next board meeting for Mass is 1/20/16.

I am submitting my application for Mass this week too. Yipee!!!!

Congrats!
glasska

Postby moderato3 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:16 pm

glasska, thanks for your post.

I talked to the state board and asked about the process of the initial license, and the following is what they said.

"Please be advised that the timeframe for the complete processing of licenses depends on the final receipt of documentation required. After we receive the NCARB file and then from the day that we receive final proper documentation, we submit the CORI form, and upon a clear result we process the date entry to be sent to a third party vendor for final process, printing and mailing. In short, it takes 1-2 weeks from the day we receive the last requirement."

They didn't mention a board meeting though. so, you said that the next meeting is 1/20, does that mean I have to wait until 1/20?
moderato3

Postby glasska » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:24 am

Hi moderato3 -

Just got off the phone with Mass Registration Board... I submitted my application and checks two weeks ago, and got official confirmation from NCARB last Friday that they sent my record over.

The guy on the phone with Mass said that my stuff was all in the pile for data entry today or Monday. From there they submit it to a third-party vendor who issues and mails licenses every Tuesday. He said my license should be in my hand by next Friday! I will keep you posted.
glasska

Postby glasska » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:07 am

Just an update that I received my license number in the mail (as well as a request for a $27 money order to actually receive a certificate for framing! ha!) on Saturday, 12/19.

I completed my requirements 11/25/15 and mailed everything that day. NCARB sent my file over (after a few calls to "remind" them) on 12/4/15. From there it took Massachusetts about 2 weeks to formally issue the license. Not too bad!

Did yours arrive yet, @Moderato3?
glasska

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION