Rituals/Superstitions

Rituals/Superstitions

Postby YourFriendJav » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:45 am

Hey guys do any of you have any pre-test rituals or superstitions? So far I've taken 6 tests and it's like ground hog day for me. I listen to the same terrible song that was playing the morning before I passed my first, wear the same hoddie (despite that it's hot as hell in TX right now) and eat the same breakfast. I never was superstitious before but I've got my last exam tomorrow (knocks on wood) and no way am I doing anything different.
YourFriendJav

Re: Rituals/Superstitions

Postby gumption » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:01 am

I don't think they allow rally caps in the testing center, unfortunately. 8-)

Good luck!
gumption

Postby fpr4 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:18 am

I've been buying a Led Zeppelin album (CD) before every test. Kinda went out of order, though. I only ever owned IV and my brother in law broke it back when me and my wife were dating and he was still in high school. Since nobody buys CD's anymore, they have been pretty cheap.

CDS - III
PPP - Mothership (greatest hits)
SPD - II
SD - IV

Since they had 9 studio albums, I am going to run out of tests before I get them all (God willing - I don't want to retest, don't make this an omen).

I think In Through The Out Door is appropriate for the last test, so I'll work it out to buy that one before my final one.
fpr4

Postby WJW920 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:35 am

I've worn the same pair of jeans, sneakers, underwear and ratty tshirt to every exam. Also listened to the same metal album in it's entirety on the train ride to the test. I also refused to take my notes out of my study binder after the exam and would leave them in until I got the pass confirmation for fear that I'd jinx myself. Haha glad to see I'm not alone!.
WJW920

Postby crete » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:09 pm

Definitely have a few of my own...eat the same breakfast, waffles with maple syrup and butter, 2 eggs and 2 pieces of bacon with a cup of coffee. Never wear the same pair of socks (the test proctors always give me hell for wearing socks with crazy patterns on them and it seems like they're excited to see what I have on when I lift my pants legs). Always listen to Kid Cudi's "Soundtrack to My Life" on full blast while driving to the center, with windows down (no matter the weather).

I also have pretty much locked myself in every weekend before a test. Some people say I'm lame for doing that, but I don't study terribly much until then (mostly just focus on reading before that). 5/5 so far so it seems to work. 8-)
crete

Postby IWarch » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:49 pm

I am NOT a superstitious person, but I failed the first exam I took (BDCS), got depressed about it, waited a year, and retook it and passed. I wore the same long sleeve t-shirt for the remaining 6 (even though I took 2 exams within the span of one week, at the same test center, with the same testing staff;) ) and passed them all on the first shot. Not saying that it was the t-shirt or anything, but I saw no reason to test it in this case...
IWarch

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION