FBC vs AGS?

FBC vs AGS?

Postby justavase » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:07 am

Hello,
I was wondering for those that may have already successfully passed PDD - which resource was more beneficial for the PDD exam?

FBC - Fundamentals of Building Construction
or
AGS - Architectural Graphic Standards

I feel that they cover the same information? Is there something that ASG covers better than FBC? Or vice versa?
I am thinking about using FBC only to study for PDD, and not looking at AGS because I find AGS to be a bit overwhelming in terms of how the information is provided
(AGS - I know there are many people who love this book, but I find this VERY hard to 'study' rather than use as a visual reference).

Would I be missing out if I 'skipped' AGS?
Or is there a better study method of using both? If I used FBC primarily, how can I efficiently supplement at AGS? (What should I look at /study in AGS that is not covered in FBC)?

Thank you in advance for your help!
justavase

Re: FBC vs AGS?

Postby JackArch » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:26 am

Haven't passed this exam yet but recently did well in the both Sections 1 and 2 for PDD. In my opinion AGS, FBC, and sometimes OLIN are all required to fully understand the material .
JackArch

Re: FBC vs AGS?

Postby nyarchitect23 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:31 pm

I agree with JackArch. There's really not a "one size fits all". You kinda need to read them all and better yet, read them twice, especially the section which you're deficient in. I pref Olinh, but FBS is more generalized where graphics standards is more detailed.
nyarchitect23

Return to PDD - Project Development & Documentation