Case Study Questions

Case Study Questions

Postby TAParkitekt » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:48 am

I tried "winging" this exam due to my crazy pandemic work schedule. I don't recommend this, obviously ;) I keep my son during the day out of daycare and I work at night and weekends. This was my last exam, and I had passed PPD right before the Pandemic. Got my fail score report this morning, so at least I know where I need to increase my knowledge base before next time. Honestly, the case study questions threw me for a loop way more than I thought they would. I have several years of project management with CD production under my belt, but there were several instances where there just was not an obvious answer. So much so, that I thought that the questions would possibly get thrown out due to an error.

I did the Hyperfine case study the day before the exam and found it very helpful. Are there other resources available geared more toward the case study format?

Thanks!
TAParkitekt

Re: Case Study Questions

Postby nyarchitect23 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:20 pm

Black Spectacles and Amber are meh ok, but overly expensive and way too general. I'd focus on the sections in "ARE review manual", "Fundamentals of Building Construction", MEEB, "Heating, Cooling and Lighting by Lechner", "Building Construction Illustrated" and "Building Codes Illustrated", "buildings at risk" and a good structures source. Just don't try to read MEEB cover and focus on the sections where you're deficient. "focus Danielson" and good luck!
nyarchitect23

Return to PDD - Project Development & Documentation