PASS PDD

PASS PDD

Postby bdaniel_877 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:47 pm

Just wanted to write here and say that I finally passed PDD! I have now officially passed all my exams and on my way to be a licensed architect (once the paperwork goes through!)

I failed PDD three times so you guys out there who have failed this exam keep your chin up and keep powering through.

Some of the things that I focused on this time around were which I think finally pushed me over the edge:

1. MEEB, especially looking over the diagrams in this book
2. Building Construction Illustrated (Ching). I went over this a lot of times, especially with some of the minute details
3. Memorizing code related information (dimensions, clearances, etc.)
4. Looking to ARE Coach for topics I should look at, or questions that I had. Youtube helped to visualize things for topics I was struggling in.

I also read over OLIN as well but not as in depth. I think the best practice for me was just doing test questions. I used designer hacks and hyperfine architecture as well as the 4.0 NCARB study guides for BDCS and BS. I did the Ballast review questions as well. I made sure to make specific flashcards for topics I couldn't get.

My local library had some of these books so definitely check if you want to save some money in testing materials.

I know a lot of this might be same information other people on here might have posted but I found it super helpful to read feedback and to keep pushing forward.

Good luck to everyone out there! You got this!
bdaniel_877

Re: PASS PDD

Postby Melon Panda » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:03 pm

Congratulations! So you think buying Olin’s Construction is a waste of money or have it anyway?

-MP
Melon Panda

Re: PASS PDD

Postby bdaniel_877 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:00 pm

Sorry for the super delay, I wouldn't recommend buying it but your office or your local library should be able to get it for you.
bdaniel_877

Return to PDD - Project Development & Documentation