what is more difficult PPD or PDD

what is more difficult PPD or PDD

Postby architectco » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:58 pm

I just passed PDD and from what I hear both exams are similar in nature, before I schedule the PPD I wanna know how much more I should study.

ty
architectco

Re: what is more difficult PPD or PDD

Postby thd7t » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:02 pm

These exams are great to take close together. I took PDD about 8 days after passing PPD. I scheduled it as soon as I got my "likely to pass". I kept studying for that extra week. I actually think that I was most confident on PDD. However, I studied a lot of PDD materials for PPD.
thd7t

Postby architectco » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:47 pm

did u find PPD harder then PDD? what material did u study differently for PPD then for PDD?
architectco

Postby thd7t » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:19 am

architectco wrote:did u find PPD harder then PDD? what material did u study differently for PPD then for PDD?

I did find PPD harder than PDD. I didn't really study different material between the two, because I studied concurrently. I had almost exclusively old materials, so I didn't have separate sections for these exams.

I used Building Construction Illustrated and Fundamentals of Building Construction for specific areas of construction that I was weaker in (masonry and mortar in my case) and talked to a mason a bit. I did DesignerHacks practice tests. I reviewed HVAC system types and Structural Span tables (Architect's Studio Companion) and watched some youtube videos on lighting and electricity. I used some old Archiflash 3.1 flashcards for structural and for mechanical as well.
thd7t

Postby pecos » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:29 am

NCARB just updated the 2018 pass rates, and PPD now stands at 46%, dropping 4% since 2017 alone - which is definitely the lowest passing rate of any of the exams (4.0 or 5.0). I personally passed PDD the 1st time taking it, while failing PPD 3 times now. I truly don't understand why the exam seems so much more difficult - or why the exam hasn't been adjusted to reflect the sinking pass rate, but PPD definitely seems like a very difficult exam.
pecos

Return to PDD - Project Development & Documentation