Accidental Torsion Confusion

Accidental Torsion Confusion

Postby anonymous283 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:32 am

I am getting conflicting information about accidental torsion. According to a kaplan question (first pic answer is B) you take the dimension perpendicular to the force and multiple it by 5% to get the accidental torsion length so the north to south force's accidental torsion length is 200x5% = 10 feet. This does not match what they describe in the lesson which has the graphic in the second pic - according to that graphic, north to south force would be 5% of b not a like whats described in the previous question. Finally ballast has a question that I think follows the original kaplan question. So is the graphic wrong?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
anonymous283

Re: Accidental Torsion Confusion

Postby anonymous283 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:36 am

Here it is again explained in ballast so the graphic has to be wrong right? Or am I doing something wrong? If I'm right than Kaplan has a serious problem with confusion candidates over and over again...

Basically the bigger accidental torsion is parallel with the shorter side right?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
anonymous283

Return to PDD - Project Development & Documentation