PDD - How much structures is there, really?

PDD - How much structures is there, really?

Postby ina123 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:08 pm

Hey everyone,

I am studying for PDD, which I have on Monday 4/2. I have been using Ballast 5 to study for my previous tests, and while I don't feel think you can rely on it soley, I have found it useful to read through quickly, jotting down concepts I am not quite getting, and then going to the sources (MEEB, etc.) to review. I have found it as a good way to kind of wrap my arms around the material to kind of understand the extent of what is going to be tested. Again, no perfect, but it has at least helped me start.

Anyways, I am finding the PPD section in Ballast to be VERY structures heavy, with A LOT of calculations and formulas that I just find it hard to believe would be on the test. They just simply would take too much time to complete and is something an architect I don't think would ever do.

Can anyone speak to what they found the test concentrated on structures-wise? I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with how much is in the Ballast section with regards to structures, and how many people said they didn't get many structures questions. I don't have much time left and I don't want to over-study on something and waste my time.

Any help or guidance you can give would be great.

Thanks!
ina123

Re: PDD - How much structures is there, really?

Postby Sarcasmo » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:35 am

ina123:
PDD structural calcs are limited to the equations found in the ARE5.0 handbook -- that is really it.
Sarcasmo

Return to PDD - Project Development & Documentation