Very Disappointed

Very Disappointed

Postby agimiagi » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:48 pm

I tested yesterday and am very disappointed with the topics covered and the bank of questions that turned up on my particular exam. I had one electrical question, one plumbing question, and almost no HVAC. The rest of the questions dealt with seismic and thermal. Had quite a few structural questions. It was HELL. Although I don't have my score yet, I fully expect to retake the test in 60 days. I studied Amber Seminar videos for BDCS and BS, read Ballast for BS, and watched a few of the Thaddeus videos. I also skimmed through MEEB and Building Construction Illustrated. For the next round I plan to stick to NCARB's recommended reading and will definitely be reviewing Fema's seismic reading. Booooooo.
agimiagi

Re: Very Disappointed

Postby kerzzo » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:23 pm

but who knows, you may pass...
kerzzo

Postby agimiagi » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:51 pm

Thanks Kerzzo, but sometimes you just know. Will certainly update if it's a pass.
agimiagi

Postby vrcat25 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:22 pm

How helpful were the Amber videos? Doesn't sound like very...At least you know what to study for next time...I also had a couple simple structures questions that were related to fema docs, but my main problem was all of the "best guess" type questions...did you have have many of those? also, there were a few code questions that thru me off and some simple thermal resistance calculations and details. Better luck next time! Have you taken PPD yet?
vrcat25

Return to PDD - Project Development & Documentation