Tested yesterday after transitioned from 4.0

Tested yesterday after transitioned from 4.0

Postby blancovero » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:04 pm

I jumped into 5.0 after failing twice SS and feeling so down and frustrated.
I passed SD, SPD, CD, PPP and BS in that order and I transitioned to 5.0 in April 1st.
I skimmed all the material I studied previously for SS and BDCS, in my prior attempts with SS I studied a lot, at least 240 hrs for my first failed and at least another 90 hrs for my second failed, which left me without any energy and completely frustrated.
I left the testing center happy, this is the first time I left the center with a very good feeling. However, I will not do my happy dance until the news arrive to my inbox.
I was terrified for the cases study, reading the stories of computer lagging, etc but in my center the computers are faster and I did not experience any lagging while swishing between plans and questions.
I have plenty of experience on the filed, I worked under the supervision of a RA and a couple of PE, very familiar with zoning and BC compliance, so I can say that this new test format is the closer to real practice that you can get.
I did not have any WTF questions.
Fingers crossed, hopefully I can have good news before the end of the week.
Jumping now into my (last?) test PPD
blancovero

Re: Tested yesterday after transitioned from 4.0

Postby ikaros » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:32 pm

That's great news! I found out on Tuesday that I passed PPD on my first try, and I'm taking PDD on Monday. I was really nervous, after reading all the horror stories. I had no problems--even finished 20 minutes early, after checking all my answers a few times.

Good luck on the last one! You can do it! PPD isn't so bad! Have you scheduled it yet?
ikaros

Postby blancovero » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:32 am

Hi Ikaros,
I didn't schedule it yet but I am looking to take it probably by mid-July
blancovero

Postby ikaros » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:36 pm

Don't wait! You're so close! Good luck preparing for your last test.
ikaros

Postby blancovero » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:04 am

Ikaros, I failed, and I failed horrible,,, I cannot understand these tests anymore,,, I already scheduled PPD,,, let's see... so frustrated and demoralized
blancovero

Postby ikaros » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:38 am

I'm really sorry to hear that! I thought I was going to fail for sure, after taking the Ballast Practice Exam two days before, and only getting half of them right. I honestly don't know what sort of advice to give on these tests. I somehow seem to do well on them, but I can't ascribe that to anything except dedicated study every day and overpreparation. It's probably also very likely that I got a good set of questions.
ikaros

Postby kerzzo » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:53 am

I think it's important to NOT get demoralized, before transitioning I failed PPP 4.0 twice before passing! I waited a while to re-take, but that's not good either since a lot of your studying is still in your ind it is best to get right back at it as soon as your 60-day waiting period is in place.
One thing i noticed in my case is that I studied daily for 3 weeks whatever chance I got and took all the quizzes on books and on-line as much as possible and read terminologies on my phone while in my commuting train daily.
My advice, don't need to stop your life either---perhaps calming down is a good way? I felt disappointed once I left the test center, only being sure that I nailed the vignette(BTW i dislike the vignette a lot).

on 5.0 i took PA and failed horribly..i wont stop due to this instead I will prep for PPD and PDD and take them within close days to each other and see what happens/
kerzzo

Return to PDD - Project Development & Documentation