Prometric in SoCal

Prometric in SoCal

Postby ccforus » Mon May 15, 2017 10:14 am

Hi guys,

I just received the score report that I failed my PDD...yikes. I passed CDS, PPP, SPD and PPD previously and now I have to wait for at least 2 months to retake PDD. One thing really bothers me is that the system lagging while loading the questions. It happened in my PPD too but I think it's kind of manageable. However in PDD, because there are lots of questions with graphic diagram/drawings, I had a ton of questions that it took over 30 seconds to load. Towards the end of exam when there were about 10mins left I still had over 20 questions to deal with. So I had to guess most of them by only reviewing choices. Bummer.

I am in Los Angeles and I took both PPD and PDD in Prometric in Culver City and I assure you the internet connection is bad. I wonder if there's anyone on this forum also from SoCal area that had better experience taking 5.0 exams could recommend the location of any other prometric.

Thanks.
ccforus

Re: Prometric in SoCal

Postby mmfullenkamp » Tue May 16, 2017 8:47 am

I live and work in DTLA but ended up taking both PPD and PDD in Anaheim due to availability. The lag was still there, but only 2-5 seconds for the graphic intensive questions.

Good luck!
mmfullenkamp

Postby vrcat25 » Tue May 16, 2017 9:54 am

You aren't the first who i've heard complain about lag. Do you remember how much time was for MC versus case studies? I've heard that each takes approximately 2 hours. My plan is to mark the questions i don't know and after 2 hours moving on to case studies and at least i've answered all of the questions that I had a better understanding of up front and leave the remainder for the marked questions. Does this sound like a reasonable or unreasonable strategy? I'm planning on the delay/lag in between screens, but hoping that by taking notes, I won't have to go back and forth as much. When you say "graphic diagram drawings, were those all MC questions?
vrcat25

Postby ccforus » Tue May 16, 2017 4:30 pm

mmfullenkamp wrote:I live and work in DTLA but ended up taking both PPD and PDD in Anaheim due to availability. The lag was still there, but only 2-5 seconds for the graphic intensive questions.

Good luck!

Thanks mmfullenkamp. I guess i have to try to go to OC eventually. Did you pass both ppd and pdd at anaheim?
ccforus

Postby ccforus » Tue May 16, 2017 4:34 pm

vrcat25 wrote:You aren't the first who i've heard complain about lag. Do you remember how much time was for MC versus case studies? I've heard that each takes approximately 2 hours. My plan is to mark the questions i don't know and after 2 hours moving on to case studies and at least i've answered all of the questions that I had a better understanding of up front and leave the remainder for the marked questions. Does this sound like a reasonable or unreasonable strategy? I'm planning on the delay/lag in between screens, but hoping that by taking notes, I won't have to go back and forth as much. When you say "graphic diagram drawings, were those all MC questions?

Vrcat25, I actually did case studies first for both PPD and PDD and I would say you need at least 2 hours solid time for 2 case studies.

In PDD, there are lots of drag in place, fill in blanks and MCs with a small vignette/drawing which makes the loading time longer. I doubt if NCARB will fix the issue or allow 5 hrs for the test and thats why im asking around to see if there's any better venue to try my luck.
ccforus

Postby vrcat25 » Tue May 16, 2017 7:18 pm

ccforus wrote:
Vrcat25, I actually did case studies first for both PPD and PDD and I would say you need at least 2 hours solid time for 2 case studies.

In PDD, there are lots of drag in place, fill in blanks and MCs with a small vignette/drawing which makes the loading time longer. I doubt if NCARB will fix the issue or allow 5 hrs for the test and thats why im asking around to see if there's any better venue to try my luck.

Ok thanks for shedding light on that. Obviously, i have no clue other than what i've heard and have no first hand experience taking tests in 5.0. So your issue was less with the case studies and more with the MC, drag in place and fill in blanks?
vrcat25

Postby vrcat25 » Tue May 16, 2017 7:22 pm

As for a better venue, it wouldn't hurt to check around by cross referencing zip codes...Once you find a location that's feasible, you could even call the prometric office and see if they're willing to divulge any information about their network speeds.
vrcat25

Postby cianchetta0 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:34 pm

ccforus wrote:Hi guys,

I just received the score report that I failed my PDD...yikes. I passed CDS, PPP, SPD and PPD previously and now I have to wait for at least 2 months to retake PDD. One thing really bothers me is that the system lagging while loading the questions. It happened in my PPD too but I think it's kind of manageable. However in PDD, because there are lots of questions with graphic diagram/drawings, I had a ton of questions that it took over 30 seconds to load. Towards the end of exam when there were about 10mins left I still had over 20 questions to deal with. So I had to guess most of them by only reviewing choices. Bummer.

I am in Los Angeles and I took both PPD and PDD in Prometric in Culver City and I assure you the internet connection is bad. I wonder if there's anyone on this forum also from SoCal area that had better experience taking 5.0 exams could recommend the location of any other prometric.

Thanks.

Did you retake and pas PDD?
cianchetta0

Postby cloudyy » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:28 pm

I've taken 4.0 and 5.0 tests in Glendale, Culver, Diamond Bar, and Gardena. The computers seem pretty much all the same but I find the Glendale location is kept at an utterly FREEZING temperature!
cloudyy

Postby ccforus » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:35 pm

cianchetta0 wrote:
ccforus wrote:Hi guys,

Thanks.

Did you retake and pas PDD?

Not yet. I am thinking to schedule it in a month to try my luck one more time.
ccforus

Postby chlee19 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:08 pm

I've been testing at Culver for the last 2 tests, SPD and then PPD.

I've passed both but the PPD test has major lag issues with the graphics heavy questions. I was hoping to have more time to review but I only got thru about 1/5th of the questions I had marked.

Its a little bit concerning since from what I gather here, the PDD is much more graphics heavy...

Are you considering moving to a different testing center?
chlee19

Postby ccforus » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:12 am

I tried PDD one more time in Culver City Prometrics on Saturday and I received a pass within 10 hours after the exam (which is fast). However the lag in the exam is still horrible. In case studies, you have to load all the sheets and/or ref docs for every single question which will easily take you 20-ish seconds. In MCs there are loads of "mini case study" type of questions meaning you have to wait and sit for the drawings to be loaded. It's just stupid and towards the end I had 2 mins left and had no time to check all the flag'd questions.

But I passed so i guess you never know. Good luck everyone!
ccforus

Return to PDD - Project Development & Documentation