PDD - Final study days advice

PDD - Final study days advice

Postby architar » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:35 pm

Can anyone who has taken PDD or has researched its supposed content give me some advice?
I test Wednesday and if I pass this will be my last exam so I've studied so much of the material by doing the 4.0-5.0 testing strategy because of all the overlap.
I'm overwhelmed with the shear volume of content and need some direction about where to focus my attention in these last few days.
I feel like I'm starting to spin my wheels.
Practice tests seem to help me get into the test-taking mode. I have the Ballast 4.0 and 5.0 books. Is there a section from 4.0 I should spend extra time in?
I have lots (and lots) of work experience but not the best long-term memory for minutia, numbers and lists. So I'm thinking about focusing on just re-memorizing all those things.
Any comments and advice would be greatly appreciated!
architar

Re: PDD - Final study days advice

Postby tmston2 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:52 pm

If you passed PPD, in my mind you should definitely pass PDD. In my mind PPD seems to be a catch all for everything that goes into taking a project from initial meeting with client and signing the contract up to
design development & PDD is a catch all for taking the project from DD to completion with some programming overlay & commissioning.
Sounds like you have covered all your bases, honestly the exams are like going on a blind date, you really don't know whats going to show up my only suggestions is
make sure you review you code stuff,

• construction type's
• stairs, ramps, & handrails
• means of egress
• occupancy & use types

General structures
• concepts
• moments
• shear
• siesmic / lateral
• hort. /vert. loading

materials
• cost
• feasibility
• combustibility
• interaction with other materials
• code compliance
• connections
• properties

building systems
• sound control
• plumbing: vent stack, stack vent
• hvac: systems, sizing, economy, conversion
• lighting & lights (hid's, incandescent, florescent)
• fire systems and all components of life
and safety
• elevators & escalators

misc.
• sick building syndrome
* voc, pcb's, cfc's, toxins, off gasing

Godspeed friend
tmston2

Postby architar » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:42 pm

Thanks so much, @tmston2
I am really kicking myself for not following my plan to take PDD directly after PPD. I had so much of this memorized and it has since faded away.
I just really couldn't tell how I did walking out of that exam and didn't want to go through taking them both twice!
I was an early tester so scores took over 6 weeks. At least this time it sounds like I'll find out the next day.
So for anyone out there reading this - take them back to back and save yourself some pain and suffering!
The overlap is significant and the suggested study material is the same
architar

Postby tmston2 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:02 am

It seems like nov was so long ago, but I took them both right away like nov. 6th and nov.15th, and failed them both. just retook PPD past saturday and got my
results sunday afternoon that I failed. I was a little stunned, but not much since seeeing my results, I know I only have these 2 exams left to pass &
knowing im so close to passing them both and im done.
I have yet to retake PDD, and was thinking I should wait until the 2 months are upon PPD and retake them
both at the same time? that would also give me 2 months of studying again. seems like the PPD exam i re took had a bunch of structural questions
right out the gate.
tmston2

Return to PDD - Project Development & Documentation