Test Crashed

Test Crashed

Postby rcpalladino » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:13 pm

Myself and one other person were taking PDD today (Jan 30th), and the system crashed. We initially figured that it was a prometric system error, but later found out that it was basically a nation wide issue. Both tests had to be rescheduled. I had not started, but she was on one of the last few questions. I think that because of NCARB's incentive to test by Jan 31, there was a surge of test takers today. This will most likely happen tomorrow as well (assuming).
I spoke to a rep at NCARB, and they assured me that I will still receive the gift card, and the free re-test if I fail.

Just wondering if anyone else had this issue.
rcpalladino

Re: Test Crashed

Postby cloudyy » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:17 pm

Holy smokes that sucks! I see this happened to the PPD testers too. I'm taking this tomorrow so hopefully it gets figured out...
cloudyy

Postby dklorensen » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:20 pm

Rcpalladino- did you reschedule? And if so, how?

This happened to me today during PPD, as well as many others in all 6 divisions. When I called the NCARB customer service, the gal told me they (ncarb) would be contacting me when they had it sorted out. Also, my test says "awaiting score"

I wouldn't be suprised if we have to wait 60 days to reschedule since I'm pretty sure the waiting time is for privacy reasons.
dklorensen

Postby rcpalladino » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:16 am

dklorensen wrote:Rcpalladino- did you reschedule? And if so, how?

This happened to me today during PPD, as well as many others in all 6 divisions. When I called the NCARB customer service, the gal told me they (ncarb) would be contacting me when they had it sorted out. Also, my test says "awaiting score"

I wouldn't be suprised if we have to wait 60 days to reschedule since I'm pretty sure the waiting time is for privacy reasons.

The people at the testing center (Prometric) assured me that I could reschedule as soon as I'd like. I don't think that there will be a mandatory 60 day wait. Also, the person that I spoke to at NCARB assured me that this will not affect our $100 gist card or free re-test seat in the event that we fail the test. The gentleman at NCARB & the people at Promentric told me that the rescheduling will be handled by the testing center, and not NCARB. It seams like NCARB was overloaded with calls yesterday about this, so who knows what is what at this point. I was given a ticket # from the testing center, and am expecting a call from them today or tomorrow to reschedule. I'll keep you posted as to what happens.

Did you start any of your test before it crashed on you?
rcpalladino

Postby dklorensen » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:03 pm

rcpalladino wrote:[The people at the testing center (Prometric) assured me that I could reschedule as soon as I'd like. I don't think that there will be a mandatory 60 day wait. Also, the person that I spoke to at NCARB assured me that this will not affect our $100 gist card or free re-test seat in the event that we fail the test. The gentleman at NCARB & the people at Promentric told me that the rescheduling will be handled by the testing center, and not NCARB. It seams like NCARB was overloaded with calls yesterday about this, so who knows what is what at this point. I was given a ticket # from the testing center, and am expecting a call from them today or tomorrow to reschedule. I'll keep you posted as to what happens.

Did you start any of your test before it crashed on you?

I have now heard all of the information that you have heard, and received an email from Jared Zurn @ NCARB confirming all of this. I am waiting to hear from Prometric, and plan to reschedule for as soon as I can get a seat. I'm glad we don't have to wait the 60 days.

I had gotten through 92 (but left one blank) of the 120 questions, but my chances of passing based on that are probably slim. I'd have a score of 76% if I had answered all questions correctly, which is hopefully about the cut score, but I'm sure I missed some. I did feel that had I been able to finish I may have passed, but I want to retest asap to be sure vs. waiting for my first attempt to be scored. I also have PDD schedule for 2/23 so I need to keep digging into the study material more in depth to prepare for it.
dklorensen

Return to PDD - Project Development & Documentation