General transition question

General transition question

Postby arbitect » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:44 pm

So I just took the SPD exam and am quite certain I am failing the test. If I transition after finding out my result can I schedule the 5.0 exam immediately. The Site Design vignette was just horrendous and am thinking I really don't want to have to do another vignette again. I have passed CDS and PPP. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
arbitect

Re: General transition question

Postby Coach » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:12 pm

arbitect wrote:So I just took the SPD exam and am quite certain I am failing the test. If I transition after finding out my result can I schedule the 5.0 exam immediately.

Don't see why not.

The Site Design vignette was just horrendous and am thinking I really don't want to have to do another vignette again. I have passed CDS and PPP. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

If don't wait results, just make sure you don't schedule P&A.
Coach
Site Admin

Postby mustgetlicense » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:12 pm

Coach wrote:
arbitect wrote:So I just took the SPD exam and am quite certain I am failing the test. If I transition after finding out my result can I schedule the 5.0 exam immediately.

Don't see why not.

The Site Design vignette was just horrendous and am thinking I really don't want to have to do another vignette again. I have passed CDS and PPP. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

If don't wait results, just make sure you don't schedule P&A.

Hey Coach,

What is scheduling P&A?
mustgetlicense

Postby thd7t » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:20 pm

Presumably Programming and Analysis. However, OP won't be eligible to transition until after the test is scored, so this choice may not matter.
thd7t

Postby mustgetlicense » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:46 pm

Gotchyah THD7T, an exam in 5.0...

arbitect,
I thought i failed too & got a pass, be patient & don't beat yourself up. I don't know how many other 4.0 exams you have taken & passed or the status of your rolling clock, but the transition isn't forced until June 2018. If you pass CDS-PPP-SPD, transitioning to 5.0 & then you'll only have to take 2 more exams.
mustgetlicense

Postby thd7t » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:05 pm

It's true that if you finish the CDS-PPP-SPD group and transition then you only have two exams left, but even if you leave SPD out, you only have three exams left, so it could be a wash, if the vignettes were causing trouble for a tester.
thd7t

Postby arbitect » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:11 am

Thanks all. Yes, it's true. If you want to avoid the vignettes on SPD (the site design vignette can be a pain) you can transition to 5.0 and effectively you have to take the same number of exams so in reality you only have to take CDS and PPP to go from 7 to 5 exams.

In other news, I passed SPD!!! Yay! Still in disbelief! So now I am in a quandary again - to stay or exit 4.0 :) I feel that now that the site design vignette is over with I should be able to tackle the rest!
arbitect

Postby arbitect » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:14 am

One more thing - you cannot actually transition to 5.0 while your results are being calculated for a 4.0 exam.
arbitect

Return to PDD - Project Development & Documentation