Passed - What worked for me

Passed - What worked for me

Postby thd7t » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:33 am

Hi all,
Just a quick rundown on two items that I used as primary resources for PDD. These won't work for everyone, but they worked well for me. I made a really long post in the "General" forum as well regarding studying for all the exams.

1. Archiflash 3.1 Flashcards. These are older, physical flashcards. They give a really thorough overview for this exam (and PPD). I used them for 4.0 and 5.0 exams. Physical flashcards have a couple of nice elements. You can bring a few with you if you're going somewhere, you can just go through a couple any time, you can page through and absorb information. They'll show you your weak areas, which helps you find good sources.

2. Test questions. I used DesignerHacks, old NCARB ARE Handbooks (3.1 and 4.0 each have around 40 questions per section, which makes them way more useful than the new versions), and some other 4.0 books by ballast.

3. ARE Coach 4.0 forums. Any question you may have is probably answered and references are added in the BS, BDCS, and SS forums. They're great.

Almost none of the information that you need has changed in at least 20 years, so be open to old materials.
thd7t

Re: Passed - What worked for me

Postby Melon Panda » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:41 pm

Hi,

You mean NCARB 3.1&4.0 sample questions from SS-BS-BDCS + Ballast 4.0 practice questions from SS-BS-BDCS?
Want to make sure. Thank you!

-MP
Melon Panda

Postby thd7t » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:35 pm

MP, that's exactly right. I should also add that I got really familiar with the NCARB practice exam and software. It has a few good tricks (there's a search bar at the bottom left of the case study sources. It's great!)
thd7t

Postby Melon Panda » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:31 pm

Got it. Thank you!

-MP
Melon Panda

Return to PDD - Project Development & Documentation