Pass

Pass

Postby mdrnarch » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:16 am

Hello All!

So I woke up this morning to find out that I passed! What a relief.

I previously took this exam and failed it. This time around I didn't really study for it. I signed up for designer hack practice exams and I lightly studied BCI for a week. The type of questions are so situational that whatever you study is almost not going to appear on the exam. I think the strategy is is to take as many practice questions as you can.

Good Luck everyone! I think like most said it depends on the bank of questions you get.... On to PPD.
mdrnarch

Re: Pass

Postby kerzzo » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:37 am

Congrats! it's gotta be a relief! thanks for the input !
I am using Designer Hacks right now and do find I am actually learning new stuff, and not just for the exams.

are you done with all exams?
kerzzo

Postby tatamin » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:40 pm

Congrats!
Last edited by tatamin on Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tatamin

Postby mdrnarch » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:18 pm

kerzzo wrote:Congrats! it's gotta be a relief! thanks for the input !
I am using Designer Hacks right now and do find I am actually learning new stuff, and not just for the exams.

are you done with all exams?

Agreed. I only have PPD left. I’m looking to study BCI and stick to Designer Hacks as well. I may also read the architects studio companion book. It’s a condensed version of MEEB.
mdrnarch

Postby mdrnarch » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:29 pm

tatamin wrote:Congrats!

I'm using Designer Hacks now for PPD. What other practice questions did you used for PDD besides Designer Hacks? I have many practice questions from old 4.0 (Ballast Q&A, Kaplan Q&A, Gang Chen Mock Exam, etc.) but I can’t find any good Mock Exams for 5.0.

Thank you so much!

-tatamin

Designer Hacks was my only source for practice questions. I felt the questions were more intuned with what they asked. I also did feel that the exam was very general. I did get a few electrical/ lighting questions, rarely any structural question, and the case studies were manageable if you’re efficient with your time.

What I did was I answered all the questions that didn’t require a calculation first, then the case studies and then I went back to do any calculations with my remaining time.
mdrnarch

Postby tatamin » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:20 am

Congrats!
tatamin

Return to PDD - Project Development & Documentation