PPD 2nd try - Pass

PPD 2nd try - Pass

Postby Yohai » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:59 am

Hi all,
Here are my study strategies and suggestions:
Most important::
Building code illustrated - Chapter 3,5,7,9,10,11,16. interior environments, conveying systems, foundations and retaining walls.
Building construction illustrated - All chapters - didn't go into details just general items.
Meeb - Acoustics, fire alarms and ventilation.
Additional
Black spectacles videos - nice intro defiantly not enough!
Ballast - boring and not communicative painful to study from, gets into a lot of calcs there is no need to. but it does have a lot of the items in one book which makes it attractive.
Jenny notes - HVAC is great!, Acoustics, structural systems.

I studied overall around 5 months, I had my first attempt after three months of studying and then my second after an additional two. I found this exam has plenty of time as opposed to PA where timing was more of a challenge.

For all of you that live in southern California / LA area, I strongly recommend to NOT go to Funkaar Institute, I had a terrible experience with their customer support, they where really nasty and patronizing as if they have a really good product! :evil: :evil: :evil: They are not cheap and their course is really not a must! I took it for PA, for PPD I didn't and had no need for it.

That's my two cents,
Good luck,
Yohai.
Yohai

Re: PPD 2nd try - Pass

Postby Raja » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:19 am

Congrats Yohai!! Nice work!
Raja

Postby sofiasalvat » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:52 pm

Thanks for the tips!
sofiasalvat

Postby greek22 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:42 pm

Congrats and thanks for sharing your tips!!! 100% agree with you on the Funkaar comment - had a bad experience with them last year in NYC as well. I do not recommend them at all.
greek22

Return to PPD - Project Planning & Design