taking PPD saturday - helpppp

taking PPD saturday - helpppp

Postby toshea13 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:28 am

any last minute advice for this monster? anything i should realllllllly be paying attention to?
toshea13

Re: taking PPD saturday - helpppp

Postby thd7t » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:49 am

Hi,
Take a deep breath. This is the time to get your head in the zone. I'm a big fan of the review cram (I always scheduled afternoon exams).

I'm reposting the "test taking" portion of my overall post in the general section, here. One thing I've learned since then is that the cut scores are between 57 percent and 68 percent. NCARB shared this a long time back, but it's useful, because using flagging, you can gauge whether you think you'll pass while testing.

https://www.ncarb.org/blog/are-50-what-score-do-you-need-pass

5. Test taking: First, answer every question. Use flags if you're feeling less than about 80% sure on an answer, but move on. Race through. Having time to review your answers will give you a lot of security. You can also get a feel for how you are doing.

Use the strikethrough tool. It's set up in a terrible and annoying way, but it saves you some mental energy if you don't have to look at a bad answer.

There is an awesome search tool in the bottom left of the case study materials. It can find room numbers and window tags and just about anything else! I didn't know about it until my last exam.
thd7t

Postby toshea13 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:50 am

thd7t, thanks for the reply! I scheduled an afternoon exam (i only seem to pass afternoon exams lol). I plan on doing a little cramming that morning! I'm really praying that I pass this exam. I don't think I can take another loss
toshea13

Postby thd7t » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:29 am

toshea, you can get through this exam. It's tricky, but you have been working on this and you have the information. Accessing the information and test taking techniques are going to get you across the line. You've got this!
thd7t

Postby toshea13 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:38 pm

I failed lol. but I'm gonna move on to PDD. I have it scheduled for two weeks from now, but I'm probably going to reschedule it.
toshea13

Postby thd7t » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:29 am

Bummer! I've read a lot of people saying that this exam is all over the road and that some takes are just harder than others. Sorry this wasn't the one.
thd7t

Return to PPD - Project Planning & Design