Sun, Wind & Light Edition Question

Sun, Wind & Light Edition Question

Postby Rcantone80 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:19 am

I am scheduled to take PPD in June and I had a resource question. I was told by NCARB to post it onto the NCARB Community where they have live communication experts to handle my question. Well they never answered.

I have plenty of study time but a lot of resources to get thru. So my question is in regards to Sun, Wind & Light: Architectural Design Strategies, 2nd Edition. I have the 1st Edition and not knowing the actual difference between the 1st and 2nd edition, does anyone know if there are there any significant issues using the first edition as a study resource? I just want to make sure I don't spend time reading this edition if it either conflicts with the 2nd edition or is missing potential exam information.

Thanks!
Rcantone80

Re: Sun, Wind & Light Edition Question

Postby Coach » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:27 pm

Well, I think sun, wind and light have pretty much been the same for, uh, well, since Imhotep at least.

Look, like with many of the references, it's a textbook at some schools and new editions come out periodically to sell more.
Coach
Site Admin

Re: Sun, Wind & Light Edition Question

Postby Rcantone80 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:33 pm

Thank you, Coach. That's exactly how I felt about this resource. Even if there happened to be additional strategies dealing with sun, wind and light, the concepts shouldn't have changed. I was just looking for peace of mind on this book as it is one of many resources I plan to read for this final exam.

Thanks again!
Rcantone80

Return to PPD - Project Planning & Design