Testing Strategy

Testing Strategy

Postby Hello » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:11 pm

I've noticed that some prefer to do the case studies and then the multiple choice. Is it possible to go back and forth at will between the case studies and multiple choice? It seems like the multiple choice might jog your memory for the case studies and vice versa. During the case study portion of the exam are all chapters of the IBC provided?
Thanks for any info!
Hello

Re: Testing Strategy

Postby thd7t » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:14 am

You can go back and forth. There are limited chapters of IBC included, but they definitely are the ones most critical to the exam. I've only taken PA in 5.0, but I did the case studies last and I'm happy I did. The 5.0 exam questions take longer than 4.0 ones did and the case studies take the longest of all. However, if you go quickly enough to review your flagged questions after you finish, the case study information (codes, etc) will be fresh and you may be able to use it. This worked for me.

Last note: A lot of the case study questions are more about finding information in the referenced material and making a determination, not memorizing answers. It makes them take longer, but you can be sure that the way to answer the question correctly is given to you on the exam.
thd7t

Re: Testing Strategy

Postby Hello » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:07 am

Thanks thd7t! This is my first exam in 5.0 so it eases my nerves a bit to know that there is flexibility between sections. One thing is for sure; the appt. time seems long but I'm certain it will go by fast!
Hello

Return to PPD - Project Planning & Design