Second take, second Fail

Second take, second Fail

Postby blancovero » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:33 pm

I took the test on Thursday and I received the bad news early today.
I passed 3 out of the 5 topics. I failed environmental and code, which is very funny because those two topics are part of my daily routine at work (yes, I work in an architectural office for the last 12 years dealing with zoning, building code and I am pretty damn good in environment) anyway,,, looks like NCARB has another said about my background.
I had 2, TWO!!!!!!! stupid questions about the pond,,, the freaking pond is the one I am assuming I fail in the environment? Who knows...
I will keep trying until I find my way out of the last 2 test that I have left to complete the ARE process...
I am taking PDD on November 29th... and I will try again for this one in December.
Study material: Same suspects, Brightwood, PPI, I also found very convenient for me was the black Spectacles...
To all of the people here who are in the same boat, DO NOT GIVE UP... We will conquer the license no matter what
blancovero
 
Posts: 355
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:36 pm

Re: Second take, second Fail

Postby 198kevin » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:39 pm

check out Jenny's notes for SPD and PPP on environment. She thoroughly breaks down each environment and the guidelines you should do for each. Additionally, maybe read sun wind & light?
198kevin
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:17 pm

Re: Second take, second Fail

Postby vrcat25 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:37 am

blancovero wrote:I took the test on Thursday and I received the bad news early today.
I passed 3 out of the 5 topics. I failed environmental and code, which is very funny because those two topics are part of my daily routine at work (yes, I work in an architectural office for the last 12 years dealing with zoning, building code and I am pretty damn good in environment) anyway,,, looks like NCARB has another said about my background.
I had 2, TWO!!!!!!! stupid questions about the pond,,, the freaking pond is the one I am assuming I fail in the environment? Who knows...
I will keep trying until I find my way out of the last 2 test that I have left to complete the ARE process...
I am taking PDD on November 29th... and I will try again for this one in December.
Study material: Same suspects, Brightwood, PPI, I also found very convenient for me was the black Spectacles...
To all of the people here who are in the same boat, DO NOT GIVE UP... We will conquer the license no matter what


Nice attitude! This just comes to show you that these questions are bad. I'm sure you are more competent than the people that make the questions for these tests, since you work on code as a daily routine. This test is complete and bull crap, but good for you for not giving up! I don't plan on it either. In fact, i'm about to start sending emails and making calls. On my lest test, the scale factor was off and i couldn't even see a few of the questions. I tried to challenge them, but the people at NCRAB are too stupid or don't care to fix the problems. I guess we may have those stupid pond questions, questions you can't read and ambiguous "best guess" questions indefinitely. I'm like you though. WILL NEVER GIVE UP!
vrcat25
 
Posts: 1017
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:19 am

Re: Second take, second Fail

Postby kerzzo » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:41 pm

blanccovero, you should never give up, that's correct. if we give up, those guys making up the exam will win.
vrcat25, I am with you on this. I believe it's the type of questions written by individuals who passed the ARE and don't want anyone else to ever pass.
kerzzo
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:11 am

Re: Second take, second Fail

Postby adamgidaszewski » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:51 pm

198kevin wrote:check out Jenny's notes for SPD and PPP on environment. She thoroughly breaks down each environment and the guidelines you should do for each. Additionally, maybe read sun wind & light?


I'm transitioning to 5.0 after passing PPP on my 3rd try (found out this morning)...hope everyone keeps their head up and perseveres.

198kevin...what are you referring when you say 'sun wind & light'?

I totally agree about Jenny's Notes on SPD/PPP environmental topics
adamgidaszewski
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:58 am

Re: Second take, second Fail

Postby toshea13 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:20 pm

It was good to see your post Blancovero! I think I took the same exam as you. I got the beautiful "likely to fail" across my screen. Studied almost the same things as you. But oh well, it was just a $210 practice exam. On to PA and maybe even PDD
toshea13
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:04 pm

Re: Second take, second Fail

Postby blancovero » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:43 pm

toshea13, I just took PDD and I got the stupid "likely to fail" at the end, it was my second take as well in PDD and I am extremely frustrated. I only have PDD and PDD to complete this ARE process. At this point I really do not know what else I should study.
Good luck in PA
blancovero
 
Posts: 355
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:36 pm

Re: Second take, second Fail

Postby cloudyy » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:13 pm

kerzzo wrote:if we give up, those guys making up the exam will win.

getting this tattoo-ed across my forehead
cloudyy
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 10:04 pm

Re: Second take, second Fail

Postby kerzzo » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:47 pm

cloudyy wrote:
kerzzo wrote:if we give up, those guys making up the exam will win.

getting this tattoo-ed across my forehead



we all should! :)
kerzzo
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:11 am


Return to PPD - Project Planning & Design

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest