PASSED PPD - 3rd TRY!! and DONE!!

PASSED PPD - 3rd TRY!! and DONE!!

Postby Lvfowler » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:50 am

Hey guys. So taking PPD 3 times sucked. I passed everything else the 1st time, so this one held me up. BUT IM DONE!!!!!

I just wanted to come back and leave my final thoughts.

The pond questions have much more clarity. They are in fact quite easy now. Please stop stressing about these questions, and go read some other stuff. I had to really dig into structures (not the math, just concepts) b/c I kind of avoided it for my first 2 rounds of PPD.

I had quite a lot of new questions but also a lot of the same questions. Maybe half and half.

The case studies go much faster the 2nd and 3rd time which gives you more time to finish the exam. Mine were the same plans but a good bit of different questions. Again, some the same. I suggest taking them at the beginning to get them over with. You should be finished with these in about an hour (if its a retake) and if this is your first time taking PPD then give yourself 40 minutes for each one.

It would be really difficult for me to guide you on study materials b/c i ended up having to look at just about everything, given that I took this exam 3 times. I just want to wish you all good luck. Don't give up and dont stress out about specific questions. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and it feels great :) Keep reading, especially in your weak areas. Be prepared for everything because this test seems to cover just about every subject. Do several practice tests from different sources. (Some of these questions or concepts end up on the exam.) Look at lots of graphics and diagrams (MEEB, AGS, BCI). Stay positive.
Lvfowler

Re: PASSED PPD - 3rd TRY!! and DONE!!

Postby tarynbone » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:23 pm

Congratulations and thanks for your post-PASS encouragement. I always appreciate these as we are going through this process, one of the best things is to hear from those who have made it out the other end of the seemingly endless dark tunnel.

I'm taking PPD for the first time in two weeks, and I have learned not to even begin studying until I've read everyone else's posts on this forum and use other's experiences to guide my study plan. I am hoping for the best, but expecting the worst.

I'm certain everyone will be so glad to hear that we shouldn't worry about these stupid pond questions!
tarynbone

Return to PPD - Project Planning & Design