Just took PPD. Passed :)

Just took PPD. Passed :)

Postby rennert » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:32 am

Just took PPD yesterday and found out this morning that I passed! Thanks for support, been reading these and other posts and it has helped!

Found out my results in less than 18 hours (In Colorado). Really love the quick turnaround as compared to 4.0.

Some thoughts on the exam, and what/ how I studied....

-There's no right or wrong way to study, everyone is different. I spent about 2 months casually reading with the last few weeks before testing getting progressively more studying in....

-I bought Ballast 5.0 and read the entire PPD section, which is a lot of reading, but helped give me a sense of what all this test encompasses.
-Jennys notes for BS & BDCS
- Architect Exam Prep 5.0 whole enchilada, mostly used the audio to listen to while commuting, which is a great use of time. Mostly conceptual stuff,
but good info. Did some of their online exam simulator which was good too.
- Did ballast 5.0 practice test once, did practice problems (where it shows u answers right after) twice
-BDCS Archiflash
-Youtube videos! Did searches for ARE PPD. ARE 5.0, AREA BS, did lots of this towards the end of studying where I knew my problem topics and could
pick and choose what to learn about. Always a nice break to watch a video and not read !

-I should have spent a bit more on structural concepts, felt a bit unprepared in that department, but still passed :)))

Only have PDD left!!! Good luck everyone!
rennert

Re: Just took PPD. Passed :)

Postby vrcat25 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:56 pm

Congrats ren!
vrcat25

Postby kateao25 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:35 pm

Congratulations on your pass! Do you feel prepared enough to take PDD pretty soon? I'm trying to decide if I should take them together (well, over two days). It seems like the content is pretty similar.
kateao25

Postby pig » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:08 pm

hi rennert,
can i ask whether you had started with 4.0 and then transit to 5.0?
ie. pass SPD, PPP, and CDS in 4.0, then aim to pass PPD and PDD in 5.0?

i am trying to decide whether or not to transit.
i have passed SPD, PPP and CDS and SD already. my rolling clock runs out next August.
i can either transit now and try to pass PPD and PDD until August next year,
or stick with 4.0 to try to pass all 3 remaining until June next year.

it seems PPD and PDD is very abstract, is that true?
i have also forgotten all of what i studied in SPD and PPP so going through them gain seems very painful.
any advice and experiences you can share would be so helpful.

thank you!!
pig

Postby tammy2329 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:47 am

You will definitely need to study SPD/PPP for PPD.
tammy2329

Postby adamgidaszewski » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:43 pm

Did ballast 5.0 practice test once, did practice problems (where it shows u answers right after) twice

Congratulations on your pass, that's such great news! Just to confirm, is this the practice exam you are referring to?
http://amzn.to/2hPX9cd

Weird that it has such bad reviews...did you encounter any of the issues that are mentioned in the reviews?

I just found out I passed PPP this morning, which completes my 4.0 tests and am now gearing up to start studying for 5.0 - PPD first up, I think.
adamgidaszewski

Return to PPD - Project Planning & Design