WTF questions for PPD and PDD

WTF questions for PPD and PDD

Postby vrcat25 » Mon May 08, 2017 7:47 am

I think just about everybody would agree that these tests have occasional "WTF" or "WTH", to say it nicelty, type questions that nobody are prepared.

Does PPD and PDD have as many WTF questions as PPP? Also, after looking at the handbook, it seems as if there's more matching or word type problems. Are there also some basic MC questions like with 4.0 where you pick 1-3 answers?
Last edited by vrcat25 on Tue May 09, 2017 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vrcat25

Re: WTF questions for PPD and PDD

Postby Zanno » Tue May 09, 2017 12:17 pm

vrcat25 you only gave yourself 3 weeks to study PPD and you're still taking the time to post questions like this? ;)
Zanno

Postby vrcat25 » Tue May 09, 2017 5:36 pm

Zanno wrote:vrcat25 you only gave yourself 3 weeks to study PPD and you're still taking the time to post questions like this? ;)

I hear ya. :) I'm just trying to figure out if there are as many "best guess" or WTF type of questions on this test and if the MC questions are similar to 4.0.

I've been reading Building Construction Illustrated along with Ballast and plan to take the practice test from the ARE sample problems this weekend. I totally get what you're saying about wasting time, but this is my only source of social media and I think these forums really help...This is like my Facebook for the next 3 weeks. :lol: Ok, ok, i'll get back to studying.
vrcat25

Postby Zanno » Wed May 10, 2017 10:41 am

I'm just teasing. I get it. Studying is isolating to say the least. To me, the questions on PDD were more direct and straightforward than some of the questions I got on PPP. That being said, the range of content is so much wider that it's hard to think there won't be some 'WTF" questions on PPD.
Zanno

Postby boohboomagoo » Tue May 16, 2017 8:36 pm

As someone whose transitioned, I've taken both PPD and PDD and failed both. I'm not sure why the fail.

Although. I did not feel like I had many "WTF" questions.

I did have a few minivignette things that I was like... there's not enough books in the world to know where to place the house next to the lake... kinda thing-

So I'd say just take the exam a few times. Budget for the fails. And power though it. but the wtf stuff.. I felt like they cut back on that significantly...
boohboomagoo

Postby ekelsey15 » Wed May 17, 2017 11:33 am

I did have a few minivignette things that I was like... there's not enough books in the world to know where to place the house next to the lake... kinda thing-

From what I was given there were questions like this but it would always give additional information like the owners want a view of the lake from the rear uncovered patio and do not enjoy wearing sunglasses while sipping wine on the patio in the evening..
ekelsey15

Postby vrcat25 » Wed May 17, 2017 11:44 am

ekelsey15 wrote:
the owners want a view of the lake from the rear uncovered patio and do not enjoy wearing sunglasses while sipping wine on the patio in the evening..

:lol:
vrcat25

Return to PPD - Project Planning & Design