Took PPD today- NCARBs server crashed

Took PPD today- NCARBs server crashed

Postby dklorensen » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:36 pm

Well, I took the plunge, transitioned to 5.0, and scheduled my test for today. I was at question 92/120, and up pops a message "connection to server lost" The Prometric staff tried restarting my computer, then moved me to a different computer but it wouldn't come back. They tried to call their help desk, but never got through. After about an hour, they made some sort of contact where they learned it was NCARBs server that had crashed. I left cause there was nothing more they could do, and called customer service through NCARB. They told me it was a nationwide issue, and affected candidates that were testing today. NCARB will be contacting all of those people once they have a resolution. And that's all I (and they) know right now. :evil: :evil:

Ugh. I drove 2 hours to get an appointment before the end of the month. I'm so pissed right now. Who else had this happen to them today? I'm sure we'll still get the early tester incentives, but NCARB better help make this up to us big time!
dklorensen

Re: Took PPD today- NCARBs server crashed

Postby randar82 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:13 pm

Same! Was 50% through multiple-choice and then exam froze, connection lost message popped-up and then sat around for 2 hours while the Prometric staff tried to figure out what the issue was, until finally they gave me a case number and a phone number to call to reschedule for a later date since I had been out of the exam for more than 30 minutes. I sent an email to NCARB to see if this means we still qualify for early tester benefits. There were 4 others at my testing center... one girl was just making her final check on answers. I would be furious if I were her. I only wished I had taken a peek at the case studies so I knew better what to expect. ;)
randar82

Postby Nutty_Buddy » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:47 pm

Yep, I too was unable to test today! My exam lost connection at the welcome screen so did not get a chance to see a single question. Not sure if that's good luck or bad.
So glad I stayed up late to study and take those days off from work to prepare. Thanks a lot NCARB/Promoetric, nice work today!
Nutty_Buddy

Postby octavian » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:31 pm

Me too. I was three questions away from finishing - though I hadn't reviewed yet. Hopefully NCARB is kind to us!
octavian

Postby dklorensen » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:32 pm

Yeah what a pain! Although I'd like to blame Prometric for this one, I'd really don't think they had anything to do with it.

Randar- I got started about 40 mins late due to the test center being behind (they were training new staff. I was there at 8:40 for a 9:00 test, went in at 9:40, so I waited an hour :roll: ) or I would have been well into my first case study. Grr, you're right, too bad we didn't get to peek at them!

Nutty- Oh man! I guess I'm thankful that I got most of the way through my test to see what the questions were like- which was my main goal for today anyway. I only studied about a week, however, I did feel that it was going ok, and I just maybe would have passed it. It was similar to the 4.0 tests - some WTF questions that I had no idea on (I think a few must have been the test/fake questions) some that I could narrow down to one or two and pick, and some that were super easy.

I really hope we don't have to wait 60 days to re-test, but I'm guessing since the 60 thing is for privacy (I'm pretty sure?) we'll have to, which will delay me finishing all of my tests. :cry: I have PDD scheduled for 2/23....
dklorensen

Postby mrmelend » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:51 am

Yup. I was there too. I was only 25 questions in here in California when it happened. I'm pissed off too. These exams are stressful enough and when crap like this happens it increases it exponentially. After burning vacation time to take this test, NCARB had better make it right and pony up the incentives they offered and then some. I didn't choose to quit, Prometric made me quit and NCARB had better not punish me (or any of you all) for this. Good luck to all of you moving forward.
mrmelend

Postby rinypa » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:50 pm

rinypa

Postby Lovsak » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:58 pm

Seattle here - also tested on the 30th. There were two people in the testing center having problems, and I anticipated I wouldn't be taking the test. I was shown to my station, and didn't have issues. Was a bit afraid to take my break in fear that it might glitch the system. My boyfriend took it the same day at a different testing center and didn't see a single question before it glitched. Anyway, I guess now we wait...
Lovsak

Return to PPD - Project Planning & Design