Just Tested PPD

Just Tested PPD

Postby Barry » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:02 pm

First off, the exam format is much easier than 4.0. The intentionally confusing language is all gone. Strait forward questions and the answers are fairly strait forward. I don't know if I passed, but I feel pretty good.
-There were no structural calculations
-Struct questions were all conceptual level, but you do need to have a pretty good grasp of what the systems are.
-There were a few fairly simple MEP questions: be sure you study these.
-Know how to read light fixture cut sheets.
-Look over and understand the IBC; construction types, occupancy types, and how these relate to other code issues. (I'm not sure what all I can say about this).
-There are PPP and SPD questions.
-Honestly, it doesn't seem like there was much BDCS on it. It feels like I would have been better off studying more PPP and SPD.
-If you have Graphic Standards, look over it.
-Without being specific: diagram that was supposed to tell me something was completely incomprehensible. I've seen diagrams that cover this particular issue, but NCARB picked one I've never seen, and just doesn't make sense unless you have some secondary knowledge.
-A lot of passive design questions (which are not explicitly covered in Ballast).
-Time was not an issue.
-I started with the case studies and they take time to wade through all the information you need to answer the questions.
Barry

Return to PPD - Project Planning & Design