Delayed Results from NCARB

Delayed Results from NCARB

Postby sirspens » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:39 am

I just got an email from NCARB stating that not enough people are taking the 5.0 exams (though PPD is the most taken exam, so far) and results will not be available within the 60 days they initially anticipated. They do not have a guess on when they will be available, but they are "hopeful that testing volumes will increase in January."

That means this could be a long wait. And that is just for PPD. I don't want to think how long it will take to get PDD.

Just sitting around waiting to be told I can submit the paperwork for my license... waiting.

NCARB...
sirspens

Re: Delayed Results from NCARB

Postby Sparky83 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:50 am

NCARB did say in advance that exam results would not be available until they had enough guinea pigs in the system.
Sparky83

Postby sirspens » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:29 pm

Yes. And that they anticipated that to be 60 days. They are now throwing out the 60 days thing.
sirspens

Postby Sparky83 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:51 pm

sirspens wrote:Yes. And that they anticipated that to be 60 days. They are now throwing out the 60 days thing.

60 days was a SWAG
Scientific Wild A**ed Guess.
They said elsewhere it could be 4-6 months. It all depends on how many people take the exam.
Sparky83

Postby sirspens » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:12 pm

Yes. But it was the number they put out there. They are now saying that isn't going to happen.

Am I missing something? I'm unsure why you are arguing against the reporting of the fact that I received an email from NCARB saying that the 60-day estimate is out the window...?
sirspens

Postby Sparky83 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:42 pm

sirspens wrote:Yes. But it was the number they put out there. They are now saying that isn't going to happen.

Am I missing something? I'm unsure why you are arguing against the reporting of the fact that I received an email from NCARB saying that the 60-day estimate is out the window...?

60 days was a GUESS. It was never intended to be a hard date. I'm not arguing against anything, and NCARB can do whatever they want. Their exceeding the 60 day guess should not in any way be surprising.
Sparky83

Postby sirspens » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:00 pm

Sparky83 wrote:
sirspens wrote:Yes. But it was the number they put out there. They are now saying that isn't going to happen.

60 days was a GUESS. It was never intended to be a hard date. I'm not arguing against anything, and NCARB can do whatever they want. Their exceeding the 60 day guess should not in any way be surprising.

I'm done responding to somebody overreacting to me stating facts.

For everyone else... NCARB has stated that the 60 days they had initially hoped to return our scores in isn't going to happen.
sirspens

Postby Coach » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:25 pm

You are the only one arguing.

The delay is par for the course with any new system. Get over it.
Coach
Site Admin

Return to PPD - Project Planning & Design