First ARE 5.0 Exam (transition from 4.0)

First ARE 5.0 Exam (transition from 4.0)

Postby CoffeeFiend » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:09 am

So I just transitioned into ARE 5.0 from 4.0. By the New Math, I only have to take PPD and PDD to complete my registration. Yay!

But, I'm having a lot of difficulty finding resources for the PPD exam, specifically the Case Studies. The only thing I can tell about them is that there are 20 of them, and the consensus about them is that "they're not as bad as the vingettes from 4.0".

Can anyone who has taken the exam provide a little insight about them? Are they similar in content to the vignettes (in that you're given a design problem and expected to design a solution with a type of drafting softwear)? Are they as content heavy as the vignettes were? If so, how are we supposed to complete 20 of them within the time frame? I'm trying to avoid going into the exam completely blind.

Any information that doesn't violate the ARE nondisclosure guidelines would be super helpful. I have about 5 weeks left to study for my upcoming exam and I'm beginning to stress. Thanks so much!
CoffeeFiend

Re: First ARE 5.0 Exam (transition from 4.0)

Postby Sarcasmo » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:38 pm

Coffee --
Have you looked at the Demo Exam? It has Case Study examples. Go to "My Ncarb", Exam Resources in the lower right, and then ARE5.0 Demonstration Exam.
Also, have you looked at the ARE5.0 Handbook? It lists all study resources.
Sarcasmo

Re: First ARE 5.0 Exam (transition from 4.0)

Postby thd7t » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:41 am

Coffee, there are 20 questions on the case studies, not 20 case studies. I believe that there are 2 case studies per exam.
thd7t

Return to PPD - Project Planning & Design