Passed the PA

Passed the PA

Postby schwein » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:58 am

Hi Everyone,

I found out I passed the PA this morning, my biggest recommendation is STUDY TEST QUESTIONS!!! reading the books has never helped, me. Perhaps its my reading comprehension or lack of interest in the specific material but reading the books has not helped me study for any of the tests i have taken. I love the designer hacks questions as they make me think about different aspects of the test and then go online or to a book to look up the answers, the action of doing so really helps me memorize specific information.

The test was not incredibly hard, albeit taxing, I found CDD and PPP much more difficult form a memorization standpoint. Much of the PA is strategic thinking in terms of the question at hand and making an educated guess as to the most efficient solution.

Either way, good luck to everyone, I am on to PDD next!
schwein

Re: Passed the PA

Postby FriedFish » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:39 pm

Hi! I've got my P&A coming up this week. I'm struggling to find questions, though. I've studied all the ballast and Kaplan questions from the 4.0 SPD, as well as the mock quizzes on Designer Hacks. I've also been listening to the mock exam reviews by ARELive on youtube, which are very helpful. Any other tips? Also, how did you study for the case studies?

Thanks so much!
FriedFish

Re: Passed the PA

Postby thd7t » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:19 am

I would study some PPP materials if you can get them. I passed PPP prior to this exam and a fair amount of material was covered there. I also used Archiflash 3.1 predesign flashcards (Predesign from 3.1 aligns pretty closely with PA).

For the case studies, use the NCARB online exam. It's a good example.
thd7t

Return to PA - Programming & Analysis