Ballast PA Practice Exam question

Ballast PA Practice Exam question

Postby lanqier » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:11 am

Hi, all dreamcatchers! 10 days before exam and in need of Help! Sincerely appreciate it if somebody can shed light on the two questions in Ballast Exam of Programming and Analysis. Both are about layout of building volume and parking in given sites. And I have the correct answer as well as my own answer posted below (w/ important info highlighted). Appreciated it!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lanqier

Re: Ballast PA Practice Exam question

Postby Coach » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:24 am

What makes sense to me in their answer is leaving open space on collector street side to blend in better with other setbacks and provide a buffer to the new taller building. Also, while open space would normally be better on the south, the neighboring 3-story bldg negates that.

What doesn't make sense is the office entrance. IMO, they placed it in the 3rd best location. I think east is best, not only because of parking access, but also to maximize retail storefront on streets. West would be the worst entrance location.

Case study
Staff location in your solution places most of plaza in shade and crowds pedestrian access.
I have no idea what hotspot refers to because nothing in the write-up mentions services.
Coach
Site Admin

Return to PA - Programming & Analysis