Architect Handbook of Professional Practice

Architect Handbook of Professional Practice

Postby architectonik » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:03 pm

Where can I get an online viewing of some of the chapters?

Is there a PDF somewhere online?
architectonik

Re: Architect Handbook of Professional Practice

Postby sirspens » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:11 pm

Sometimes the AIA chooses to put selected sections of chapters from old versions of the AHPP on their website. However, if you want the entire thing and for it to be up to date, you have to purchase it. And it isn't cheap. Typically around $200. A student version is often available for half that, but doesn't include everything.
sirspens

Postby architectonik » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:15 pm

Thank You sirspens, I appreciate it. With that price it looks like i'll be going into Practice Management 5.0 without it.
architectonik

Postby sirspens » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:36 pm

architectonik wrote:Thank You sirspens, I appreciate it. With that price it looks like i'll be going into Practice Management 5.0 without it.

It is expensive, and I took mostly 4.0 exams, but it has been invaluable. I hate to say it, but buying stupidly overpriced books in order to properly study for the ARE is just how it is.
sirspens

Postby doyce_16 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:08 am

architectonik wrote:Thank You sirspens, I appreciate it. With that price it looks like i'll be going into Practice Management 5.0 without it.

Unfortunately, it is almost a must. I am going through the ARE myself. It is a good and wise investment. If you can borrow from your office and make a copy, that'll be good. Just think long term if passing the ARE is your goal, you need to invest in some of these books. I have a friend who went to her local library and got them to search for it. They found a copy and lent it to her.
doyce_16

Postby architectonik » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:10 am

I went ahead, bit the bullet and bought it.
architectonik

Postby Arch2132n » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:47 am

Can somebody comment about the differences between the architectural Handbook of Professional Practice (student version) and the non-student version? I am starting my study for ARE 5.0.
Thank you
Arch2132n

Postby Coach » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:54 pm

The student version is fine for the exam. You can get by with an older edition but it's best to use one that comes with the aia docs currently used for the exam.

http://amzn.to/2kyjWZt

Coach
Site Admin

Postby Sarcasmo » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:26 am

My opinion -- buy the full version, and you'll need a new one.
It's not only the contract numbers/revisions, but the new one covers BIM, IPD, current technology, current topics like the effects of the recession, etc., etc.
Also, avoid hearsay -- talk to some individuals that have actually taken the exam -- Ncarb 5.0 Community is a good start.
Sarcasmo

Return to PcM - Practice Management