1st go around, just passed!

1st go around, just passed!

Postby cafefille » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:49 pm

I took the test this morning for the first time and luckily passed!
I found it was somewhere between the level of difficulty of TWE and Woo practice exams. A lot of questions listing multiple answers.

I have always been very good with time on the AREs and practice tests, but I nearly ran out of time on my 2 project scenarios. I had something like 20 minutes for one and 40 for another, and had very little time to double check, which surprised me.

I studied:
-TWE and practice exams
-TWE audio, though I hated it, I'm not an audio learner. Plus Doucette tripping up on his words annoyed the hell out of me. Regardless I listened to everything twice, plus ones where I zoned out 3-4 times.
-Woo and practice exams
-Calgreen
-Wetlands Permitting Guide

I recommend looking at the Cal Energy Code, which I wish I had done. I also got really lost trying to remember what all the various agencies did, and I don't think I did a super job of memorizing that in the end; but I am glad I got at least a basic grasp of it.

My final recommendation is, READ THE QUESTION!!! CAB claims there are no "trick" questions, but if you read questions fast like I tend to do, you'll miss a critical, small word that eliminates several answers! I had an hour to go back and review all of my answers; I ended up changing maybe 10 of them because I re-read the question super well.

Good luck all!
cafefille

Re: 1st go around, just passed!

Postby peanut817 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:03 am

congratulations, architect!
peanut817

Return to CALIFORNIA SUPPLEMENTAL EXAM