Which is the MOST relevant Variable in the question?

Which is the MOST relevant Variable in the question?

Postby jbasler » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:24 pm

Testing on Monday June 10th....
I've struggled with this before on questions that relate to either the most appropriate things to do in a situation.
consider the following 2 questions.
these are from CSE prep, but demonstrate the struggle I'm having:

1. The owner has hired a landscape architect to design the exterior surroundings of the proposed xxxx sf project. What are the 4 most relevant topics for discussion between you and the landscape architect?
the correct answer is the answer with water conservation and shading requirements
the incorrect answer is the answer with budget and schedule.

2. You Just had a 2 hour meeting with your project manager to discuss goals in order to achieve ways to limiting the Firm's liability. Which are the following items that you might have discussed with your project manager?
the correct answer is the answer with carrying the necessary types of insurance, and requiring a written contract.
The incorrect answer is the answer with conducting interviews with stakeholders and end users... (i know this is a more obvious example)

In Question 1 it's looking for the topics relevant to the particular consultant, not the topics that would be relevant to all consultants.
In question 2, it's looking for the items related most towards the firms liability, regardless of whether they would be items discussed with the particular employee identified.

how would you go about identifying which particular variable is the question more related to?
jbasler

Re: Which is the MOST relevant Variable in the question?

Postby alehr » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:10 pm

jbasler - I struggle with this too, and am retaking my exam for the second time in a couple of weeks...
I think for Question 1 the answer does not involve budget or schedule because the Owner hired the landscape consultant independently. As architects we are responsible for cost of work for which we (and our consultants) are contracted for.
alehr

Super Сasual Dating - Verified Damsels

Postby datingMam » Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:00 am

Discover the ultimate in relaxed romance with the best casual dating platform!
Real-life Females
Optimal Сasual Dating
datingMam

Return to CALIFORNIA SUPPLEMENTAL EXAM