California vs Nevada/ other state

California vs Nevada/ other state

Postby SStephens » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:52 pm

Hello all,
after getting all done with ARE and getting license in Nevada, I got eligibility to get licensed in California few month ago, and finally getting around to studying again (it took a while for brain to get back to normal functioning). I am wondering if anyone is licensed in other state and how you are approaching the California specific material. So far, i am finding task and knowledge statements to be very similar to PPP and CDs with the some California specifics, but not even sure how to approach this. I have been working in Nevada for over 10 years now and have done only small projects in California and have only limited knowledge about it, what would be the best approach. Thanks for any responses.
-SS
SStephens

Re: California vs Nevada/ other state

Postby eroati » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:28 pm

I've been licensed in AZ since 2015. I moved to CA last year, and took the CSE last summer, and did not pass. It's significantly harder and more confusing questions than any of the ARE's. I'm now studying again, but don't take this test lightly! Give yourself plenty of time to learn the CA specifics, and be sure to study all the AIA contracts carefully.
eroati

Return to CALIFORNIA SUPPLEMENTAL EXAM