Passed

Passed

Postby mrsxag » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:27 pm

Yay!! Just left the testing. Passed on first try. So relieved!!
mrsxag

Re: Passed

Postby mrsxag » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:49 pm

I took a very long road. At 12 years old I decided I wanted to be an Architect. My high school offered design/drafting as an elective that I took all four years. My senior year I started taking Arch classes at the community college in the evening. I started as a drafting intern at 19 yrs old in 1999 for a residential firm, received an Associate of Science in Arch 1999, eligible for the ARE 2005 due to work + education experience, BArch 2002-2007, Failed CS (3.1) in 2005, SPD and PPP in 2008, I took a break to have a couple babies and gain more work experience. Also my oldest son born in '08 is autistic which forced me to focus on him for a few years. Passed SPD, PPP, CDS & BS in 2014, SD in 2017, BDCS and SS in 2018. I took a break in the middle to have our third baby and from 2016-2018 I was the owner/contractor for three projects/flips. Just squeezed in the the CSE at the end. We are expecting our 4th child any day. It was a wild ride.

I am so grateful for this forum and TWE. I studied for 6 weeks for the CSE. 2-3 hours 4 days a week and then the last two weeks 4-6 hours/day 4-5 days a week. I am blessed that I consult for an architect from home and select how much I take on. So I've been able to lighten my work load for the past 6 months to focus on wrapping this goal up. Also, that all my little ones are at school during the day.

My advise: Click all the links in TWE study guide! Read read read. Listen to the audio, read, take notes, review all at the same time. My main study material was CSEprep + links to anything I felt needed more clarification. I tried Woo but there are so many grammatical errors I couldn't read without getting distracted.

My mentor and I are starting on a new project Monday morning, so exciting! He has been instrumental in my professional and personal development. He's believed in me every single step of the way. I have worked with him at multiple firms in Orange county. He is a wealth of knowledge. I have been blessed with his support since my intern days.

Coach, thank you for this forum. I spent many hours reading through posts for all the ARE divisions, your videos and CSE!! Now I can relax and have my baby.

You all got this! Keep studying!
mrsxag

Re: Passed

Postby ina123 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:47 pm

Nice! Good job!

I am studying now for the exam and am feeling confident in some areas and overwhelmed in others. I am hoping to take the exam in early/mid July. Ahhh! I think I am getting there though. If you have any advice regarding some of these acts and how in-depth we are expected to know them, any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!
ina123

Return to CALIFORNIA SUPPLEMENTAL EXAM