PASS in Queens

PASS in Queens

Postby cmf3192 » Sat May 26, 2018 3:07 pm

Wanted to share my PASS with you all, as many of these topics from you guys were helpful to me in my preparation for the exam. Did it on my first attempt and I couldn't be happier right now. Moving out to Cali very soon.

Here is what I used to pass:

David Douchette's Study Guide and Flashcards. I retyped all of the flashcards that I wasn't sure on, ended up being like 40 pages of notes. I visited the links in his study guide at least once.
I visited many of the agency websites to understand their mission statements and "About Us"
Listened to David Douchette's Audio at work, at the gym, in the car for a month or so to familiarize myself with the material
Exam Prep OMCES. I retyped all of the answers I got wrong and the correct answers to those questions. Took every practice exam.
Woo Project Scenarios and General MC. I didn't read the Woo Study Guide. Again, I retyped all of the answers I got wrong and the correct answers.
Cal Green Building Code was very helpful as many of you suggested. Typed up the important information from here too
Glanced through PPP Carolines notes
Read the AIA documents listed on CAB several times and retyped the key articles. Also listened to David's commentary on the AIA documents twice.
ARE Coach
I printed out all of the retyped pages and made a binder which I re-read at least half a dozen times. I studied for about 11 weeks for two to four hours for the first month and then an hour or so for the remaining 6-7 weeks. Repetition is key.

Hope this is helpful. Good Luck to you all!
cmf3192

Re: PASS in Queens

Postby mrsxag » Sun May 27, 2018 5:28 pm

Congratulations!!!
mrsxag

Postby Moniky » Mon May 28, 2018 7:39 pm

Same question as the one for VMan, did you find the Douchette materials still useful even though it is not updated per the new CSE Test Plan. What material did you use for the new part 1 of the test plan n general Practice?
Moniky

Postby cmf3192 » Tue May 29, 2018 7:21 am

Moniky wrote:Same question as the one for VMan, did you find the Douchette materials still useful even though it is not updated per the new CSE Test Plan. What material did you use for the new part 1 of the test plan n general Practice?

I believe the Douchette material is updated as per the 2014 test plan. The general practice section in his study guide as well as the OMCES test questions I thought prepared me for the CSE test questions pretty well
cmf3192

Return to CALIFORNIA SUPPLEMENTAL EXAM