Failed round 2

Failed round 2

Postby b5000 » Mon May 07, 2018 6:27 pm

Fail - second time....! actually scored worse ! So disappointed and angry

I felt that the format changed since I last took the exam 7+ months ago... and made it significantly harder in that almost all of it is similar to the project scenario based format of questions - not much of it is about specific code - etc.. all about potential situations..and of course the typical fuck you level of phrasing tricks and cute wording...

Was able to narrow the hard ones down to 2 possible answers - and then it was just a matter of word games and confusion... My feeling is that this is less not a test real knowledge - but about zingers and sorting out confusing statements and phrasing...where I knew what they were looking for and the conceptual answer - but you have to follow the f'ked up grammar and phrasing...

- and now on top of it they don't tell you the passing score required... hahahhah (first time I took it - apparently failed by 2 points). which was an amazing feeling.. The photo that you are forced to take on the results page kind of says it all..

I don't feel as if this is a test you can actually study for in the traditional sense... as after using David D's WE - and a lot of other material for months... - I thought I had a good grasp of the material.

I'm done. - No more. This is far too upsetting... need to sit down and figure out whether this is worth pursuing or find another career.

So sad.. to be stuck on this bullshit after the long slog of getting here... only to fail it again... hahahhah... sigh..have to re-evaluate things...
b5000

Re: Failed round 2

Postby cloudyy » Tue May 08, 2018 2:16 pm

Career change because you felt the test was just a dicey game of words? Don't let a silly test defeat you like that.
cloudyy

Postby standard » Fri May 11, 2018 3:22 pm

I’m sure youre just venting. But this profession will kick your as* way more than some test. Dont get freaked out. To me the same core talent to pass these tests is the same needed to be successful in this business -

You need to see the small details AND the big picture at the SAME time. And let each inform the other. Forget bad grammar and phrasing - what is the question really asking?
standard

Postby stephanier2 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:13 pm

Don't beat yourself up. Questions were pretty detailed, but so is our career choice. Keep your head up, and don't rush through the questions. Take time to read, re-read and mark answers to go back and double check. I caught a few silly mistakes that way!
stephanier2

Postby TerribleOne » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:41 pm

FYI, the retake period is 3 months as of Dec. 1st rather than 6 months. Good luck! Keep Going.
TerribleOne

Return to CALIFORNIA SUPPLEMENTAL EXAM