ESB Buildings - Enforcement Agency

ESB Buildings - Enforcement Agency

Postby hopefularch2 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:21 pm

Having a little trouble wrapping my head around the following and would be so appreciative for clarification:

1. What would be considered an Essential Service Building that is NOT owned by the state, and is there a way to tell if it is state owned? From the ESB list, I would assume all of these are state owned?: Fire Station, Police Station, Emergency Operations Center, CA Highway Patril, Sheriff's Office, Emergency Communication Dispatch Centers
(I ask because it would matter during the review process, as non-state ESBs have local agency review, while state-owned ESBs go to the Division of the State Architect.)

2. Within the ESB Code itself, (Health and Saftey, Sect 16009), it states that that when the enforcement agency is the local agency, regulations must comply with T24, except for Part 2, Chapters 23-30 and Chapter 47. Is there a reason people know of why locally owned DSA buildings would have these chapters exempted?

Many many thanks!
hopefularch2

Re: ESB Buildings - Enforcement Agency

Postby Coach » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:58 am

hopefularch2 wrote:1. What would be considered an Essential Service Building that is NOT owned by the state, and is there a way to tell if it is state owned? From the ESB list, I would assume all of these are state owned?

What?! This is not foreign country.

: Fire Station, Police Station, Emergency Operations Center, CA Highway Patril, Sheriff's Office, Emergency Communication Dispatch Centers

City police and fire, county sheriff and fire: Not state owned.
Any building can have an emergency ops center. They're often found in city halls.

Coach
Site Admin

Re: ESB Buildings - Enforcement Agency

Postby hopefularch2 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:50 pm

Got it.....makes sense thank you!
hopefularch2

Return to CALIFORNIA SUPPLEMENTAL EXAM