It's a Pass!

It's a Pass!

Postby zerna30 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:41 pm

Just took the CSE this morning and found out I passed. It still has not fully sunk in yet. During the exam, I was second guessing myself on about 1/3 to 1/2 of the questions. :o . After the exam, I had to ask the woman at the testing center to confirm that it was a pass, since I was still in disbelief.

My exam preparation was as follows:

Read through a previous version of the Woo Study Guide, passed on by a friend. Purchased the Ultimate Whole Enchilada and stuck to the accompanying lesson plan for each day of the week. I had to improvise a bit since some items in the guide have not been updated (i.e. CSEprep Forum?), but overall the guides, flash cards, podcasts, and bonus materials were essential to my preparation. I would also revisit the sections/areas in the study guide & pod cast several times that I did not fully grasp. :brick:

The most difficult part of studying for this exam for me was finding the discipline to stick to the 12 week study plan, with family & a full time job. It's also been mentally and emotionally exhausting, but in the end it is well worth it!

Much and many thanks to Coach, the ARE forum community for input and feedback!!!! :D :D :D
zerna30

Re: It's a Pass!

Postby ghost » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:45 am

Congratulations!!

Which practice exam(s) did you find to be most similar to the actual exam?
ghost

Postby zerna30 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:55 pm

The questions are all over the place. My advise is to read the question in its entirety. I think the practice exams & OMCES do a good job at reflecting potential scenarios. Going through the OMCES as recommended by David Doucette will help you identify areas you need to work & focus on.

When are you scheduled to take your exam?

Good luck!
zerna30

Postby gbalaka » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:16 pm

I took this exam back in June and did not pass. Just sent CAB a new application last week.

Will be retaking it again in the next 2 weeks or so. I think i'll be a lot less nervous this time around. But yes, I think this time i will pay more attention to the questions.

Last time, all of the answers looked very correct!

Did you by any chance find some practice exams with more tough questions? The Doucette stuff is nice and all, but the questions are quite simplistic and are based on the study guide. I found the questions on the exam to be more sophisticated.
gbalaka

Return to CALIFORNIA SUPPLEMENTAL EXAM